BP Clicks and Focus (Time Sensitive)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

BP Clicks and Focus (Time Sensitive)

Post by Voragath »

We only have a week, at best, to discuss this so get the word out and look around. I'm looking to gather community feedback on the BP clicky and focus effects.

I'm looking for new and old ideas and what's good/bad about the other clicks and focus, if anything. New ideas won't be like the old effects where +x% damage; they have to be more like add +x amount as we have now (for the click idea) or the +2 seconds to RS (for a focus idea). In short, it needs to be well controlled and upgradable.

I don't want any bickering because there isn't time and people need to speak up. If you don't like an idea, put down how to make it better or just ignore it. I'll be very draconian about deleting posts such as "your an idiot" or "that's the dumbest idea" without apology. It's not in keeping with forum standards but turnaround for this is short and we can't afford class bickering shutting this down or we will get the same old; we are looking for improvement.

So, let's get those ideas and conversations going!
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: BP Clicks and Focus (Time Sensitive)

Post by deadman1204 »

How about a focus that removes XXX mana from each RS cast. Taking 600 mana/cast off of RS for a group BP focus would be pretty nice
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

How about a 1 min duration targetable 1000pt ds for a click. Useful everywhere - raids, groups, and solo.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:How about a 1 min duration targetable 1000pt ds for a click. Useful everywhere - raids, groups, and solo.
A DS on the mob? Will probably run into an issue with stacking if on a pc. Or you thinking for this to overwrite/replace some other ds already in existence?
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I meant place a DS on a person. A buff affect. It could be in the same slot as molten skin -12. Only short term things DS go in that slot anyways.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

A click that allows all pets to do a DD proc on a mob. This as a robe click would be really nice. It could act like an aura for a short duration or just a short term buff for all pets in the vicinity of either the mage or the mage's pet.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

What about a click like wizards get in alot of robes - gives 15,000 mana or something
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I was floated the idea of having the focus be some sort of mana reduction to spear or RS if possible. Make the click some sort of +damage to our casts.

I don't like we are dependent on our pets for our bp clicks and all of our bp's are worthless with a fire pet up. Making the click do something for the mage would seem to be the way to go.

As for getting mana back, I like the idea but it seems to me to help with sustained more than burst. My personal thoughts are to get a focus that will help sustained and a click that helps with burst. Just need something that'll stack with our other bp's and work whether we have a fire pet, or any pet, up or not.

Ideas and thoughts have been good so far; let's keep 'em coming.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Why not both, make it similar to the wiz robe clicky. Instead of a rune it procs a +1k (or more) damage mod to all spells, 18 seconds duration and once that fades a mana return element?

For the focus have that be a 500m reduction to RS pet per cast.
Last edited by Potawatomi on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danille

Post by Danille »

How about a clicky effect that overhastes RS line of pets to do 2x damage?