How do you handle/deal with.....

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

How do you handle/deal with.....

Post by Tweelis »

when you have twincast running and your gift of mana procs? Do you send in a gargoyle pet that won't work with twincast or do you continue nuking hard because nukes work with twincast? I realize this can be situational but in general what do each of you do?
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Re: How do you handle/deal with.....

Post by Firen Fury »

i dont know how much damage RS can do but i can get almost 40k out of a good twincast. i suspect even a 12k twincast is better than RS tho.

yet, i still find myself sending RS in that circumstance anyway... its just so cool :)
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I usually just do another nuke, especially if I have First Spire and / or Fire Core up at the same time.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Firen Fury wrote:i dont know how much damage RS can do but i can get almost 40k out of a good twincast. i suspect even a 12k twincast is better than RS tho.

yet, i still find myself sending RS in that circumstance anyway... its just so cool :)
When I ran some parses on the RS in TBS, the RS with rank 1 was doing around 20k damage in the full 18 seconds with maxed out pet crit/flurry AAs for the TBS era with the Servant of Chaos pet focus. I would imagine that today's level 85 RS would do a good chunk more, probably getting close to, or surpassing the 30-40k mark. So you might just be making the right choice regardless of whether it looks cool hehe! :mrgreen:
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

actually the other day i got GoM on the last nuke on a mob so i went and pulled the next with RS and it got it to 67% all on its own (in gyrospire beza instance)
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Unless you get insanely good rolls on the nukes I am almost positive RBS will do more dmg then a bolt twincasted. Wire posted RBS doing near 50k dmg as the expected amount on his multi-binding post.

I always cast RBS when GoM is up and probably will keep doing the same. We got the spell to help DPS and thats what it does.

Just my 2cp. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I hit RbS too on the GoM proc even when twincast is up. The overall dmg is always greater than a twincasted spell unless you get lucky with an almost max double crit bolt.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Thanks all for the advice. I pretty much followed this advice last night and was very happy with the general dps increase for the night.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Depends on the situation:

If you're trying to get the mob dead, as fast as possible (not in a raid), and you know nukes are landing, just keep nuking.

If you're in a raid, why wasn't RmS already up?

It'll do 50k, IF:
- You're right on top of the mob
- You have Rank 3
- You have all the pet AAs
- And get a little lucky

RS-pet DPS... wonky. There's a very, very wide range it can do.

So, normally, if you're on top of the mob, hit RmS. If not, just keep nuking.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Mindrix wrote: If you're in a raid, why wasn't RmS already up?
Well, not everyone have the kind of mana to simply keep chaining RmS without GoM procs. If I did that I'd certainly be oom long before the mob hits 50% on most mobs, well unless it's a short burn.