Need some comp help, sorry if wrong forum

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Funkeye

Need some comp help, sorry if wrong forum

Post by Funkeye »

Ok, I went from a xp to a vista machine. I got all my EQ files on my old HD that I can hook to my new comp with a USB. Now, im on dial up, I tried the station launcher, and it had a 6.05GB dl, that would take a month, literally. But, I do have the origional 5 CD's for EQ, is there a way for me to install the orig CD then copy/paste those files in the installed file on my new comp and get it to work? so far best I have got is a 24 hour patch using the TSS patcher, and when my comp died last friday, my EQ file was 100% updated, so any help would be appreciated!!!
Zatpus
Elementalist

Re: Need some comp help, sorry if wrong forum

Post by Zatpus »

Must be just some folder settings wrong. The patcher doesn't see the files and thus start do DL all the game from scratch.
On Vista you shouldn't use the standard folders. There are some issues if you install some or all under the standard Folder "C:\programs".
Put everything ie. in C:\Games\Everquest and than start Everquest.Exe from there. (with "start as Admin" I would suggest).
More than once I just copied EQ folder to another computer and started it right there. Had worked always.

Yesterday I Installed Windows 7 RC on the older of my computers. The Patcher itself redownloaded, but the whole EQ folder worked, no big downloads where to be done.