Unburrowing

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Unburrowing

Post by Elentarri »

Need some advice on what mages specifically should be doing for this raid. please and ty
Danille

Re: Unburrowing

Post by Danille »

Target the MA and nuke weave like crazy! This ia a pure DPS event. (with a few tricks thrown in)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Danille wrote:Target the MA and nuke weave like crazy! This ia a pure DPS event. (with a few tricks thrown in)
^ is correct.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

ok then be a lil bit more specific lol shouild i use beam or just straight out nuke? ive noticed that when we do this event if i use straight out nukes then by Protauris im usually oom and if i use beams i still have mana to burn him down.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

That really depends on how much DPS your raid is putting out. If you can get by with just doing occasional nukes or beams, go that route. If you need to burn flat out in order to get the waves dealt with fast enough, well, that kind of answers your question. Basically, I try to let the melee toons kill off the waves with the casters holding back a bit to conserve manaz. (rangers are good for these, they AE well).
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

We just use single nukes. Yea mana can be an issue. I usually end up using either a mana pres glyph or staunch on this event. We also use casters to deal with the adds during magrix/protauris phase, breaking off as they spawn.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

what exactly do you mean by you use casters to deal with adds? is it casters only that deal with the adds or does everybody break off and kill them?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

When we're fighting the magrix and protauris, everytime an add spawns (one of the regular trash mobs in the event), a knight grabs it while the mages/wiz/necro kill it. Everyone else stays on the main target. Works suprisingly well, a handful of casters can drop them pretty quickly (when they're paying attention!).