Maxing Skills

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Redius
Conjurer

Maxing Skills

Post by Redius »

So here's kind of an odd question; with this new achievement system, i've decided to work up my skills to max. However, it's a royal pita to get some skills worked. I'm looking for any advice on the simplest way to improve the following;

Begging
h2h
2hb
1hb
pierce
bind wound

*and should this help anyone, i'll impart this tip; to improve throwing, just go to Theater of Blood and throw things at Valik the Cruel. He's permarooted, and won't summon.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips and tricks to get these meddlesome skills up
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: Maxing Skills

Post by Mindrix »

Some tips:

Begging, bind it to a hot key you use a lot. Have to be on NPCs that can attack you. Just takes a long time.

Melee types: borrow someone with /pet hold. Go to the Arena, /duel, have them hold their pet, auto attack on. Go afk for the night.

Bind Wound... umm... good luck!
Vermi

Post by Vermi »

best way to get bind wound up is to go to lavastorm and bathe in lava. Really easy for us mages since we don't need a proc to summon more.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Almost a year ago, while doing Bayle's Crest, I noticed one of the end-game, max aa pallies standing naked in Keep at OGH. At first I didn't take much notice, but over the next week of questing, he was always there, always naked (for crap resists i suppose), and always binding wound. Good luck.

-nako/saryrn
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

The Orcs in the small orc camps in Nek Forest will grant begging skill ups without ever attacking (well a level 85 that is).
I went from 0 to 175 in 45min ish on a Legionnaire there.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

What I used to do for 30 minute bursts with steadfast servant, you can now do with mercs for as long as you want.

Go somewhere with weak mobs (but still give some xp, can't be gray), pull one, start hitting it (keep pet on hold), and just leave it running for awhile. Killing a mob with hand to hand is a looonng process.
When SoD came out, I went to OGV and pulled a bug there and got all my defense, dodge, offense, etc. skilled up right away.
And if you want to kill the mobs for xp, you can do that too, just run up and hit the mobs with weapons while the pet does most of the work and keep killing. It takes time, but eventually you get there, and a bit of xp too.

I actually have all my weapons done. But I need to do begging, bind wound, and . . . alcohol tolerance! I remember maxing it out long ago (for Uqua I think), but the cap was raised many time over the years it seems. I'm now at 249/450, so that's a LOT of drinking to do.
Vaddok

Post by Vaddok »

what exactly does having more achievement points get you ?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

A well deserved sense of satisfaction. And that's about it.
Varalla

Post by Varalla »

For all weapon skills I box another pet class, duel them, use crappy weapons and watch movies in another window while I beat the crap out of blue con pets using pet hold.
Its the best way to max H2H

Bind wound was tricky.
Lavastorm simply didn't do enough damage to bind wounds for.

How I maxed it on my warrior was using the high DPS lava right outside of Ashengate (Direwinds? Cant remember)
There was a safe spot where you could take a lava batch for 8 seconds or so and be reduced to 12% HP.
Had mage summon bandages. Took around 4 hours to max.