Tradeskills

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
pandax
Arch Magus

Re: Tradeskills

Post by pandax »

Merlaina wrote:Does anyone have any advice for raising tailoring? I'm currently at 198 skill and have run through all of the furs and silks I had saved for when I came back to this, but now that new cultural is out (sort of) I wanted to raise my skill so I could try to make some of that shiny armor.

I know back in the day othmir fur caps were in fashion, and I'd imagine I could slaughter the buggars pretty smurf fast now, but probably faster than they could respawn (beaming them comes to mind). My other thought was to kill minotaurs in DSH for superb animal pelt drops, since as a bonus they drop decent merchant fodder and they have casters which can drop research components.

I've scoured EQtraders and haven't seen any super-easy methods listed. Is there anything I'm missing, or am I on the right track?
Go to the baz and setup a buyer for pristine, fine, excellent, and superb animal pelts/silks.
Asking your guildies to deposite those items in the guild bank is very useful too.
Max out tailoring mastery and salvage AA's.

When you have about 200 pristine combines, start making them with the formula that you find in EQ traders in this thread.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=33385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Start with your wrist template (1 pelt/2silks), move on to glove(1 pelt/2silks), then go to boots(2 pelt/4silks), and finally chest templates(3 pelt/6silks) as you max out each skill. A word to the wise, use the silks before you use the pelts. 6 silks will not combine in a planar kit and you'll have to go find a bigger one.

So if have enough components, max out your skill on the chest. If not, then just max out on your glove pattern.

Do not start any higher level silks/pelts unless you have maxed out the trivial on the glove pattern, no matter what. It'll be tempting, just don't do it.

That is the cheapest way to max out in a reasonable amount of time.

Oh, and buy the cultural books in POK. That will put the recipees in your "memory" so you won't have to experiment to figure them out. They're cheap and well worth the hassel.

Once you max out a certain level of pelts/silks, take them off of your buyer. IF you have extras, which will be rare, you can make a tidy proffit on them by selling them in trader mode!

If you want to level up super fast and don't care about plat, then you can buy marrows/fluids, do the cultural pattern quest, and then use your templates to make those too.

Oh, FYI, if you don't have your trophy yet, get it as soon as you hit 201 points. The quest at that level is a lot easier than it will be at 300. You can find info for this under the same link. I highly recommend anyone get their trophy as soon as they hit 51 points.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Thanks for the tips. I had seen that thread on EQTraders already, but as some pointed out elsewhere that guide doesn't always have the method that works "best" for everyone, so I thought I'd check with fellow mages to see if they had alternatives.

While at lunch I set up a buyer for pelts (and binding powder for research while I was at it) so hopefully I'll being seeing some returns on those soon. I also dropped 2K on vendor pelts and got enough points to take me up to 201 exactly, so I'll be starting that trophy quest sometime this weekend. Stupid weddings interfering with EQ time (not mine). I have rank 2 in the tailoring AA and rank 3 in salvage already. I don't expect this to be quick. I feel my research skill has been progressing pretty fast, and it's only gotten 40 points or so in 3 months (up to 265! Woohoo!) but then I got it to 200 when you could buy points in research from the guildmaster. :)
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Hmm, yeah. You're going to have trouble buying anything. Prices have sky rocketed in the past few weeks because of UF, heh.

Oh BTW, does anyone know of a good auto fire program so I can forage while surfing the internet on my other computer?
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I found lately that tailoring and smithing go fast. Both require drops, but they are global drops so not that hard to get. Pottery, fletching and brewing are the ones that are dragging for me.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

sharrien wrote:I found lately that tailoring and smithing go fast. Both require drops, but they are global drops so not that hard to get. Pottery, fletching and brewing are the ones that are dragging for me.
Basically all reworked TS by Ngreth are much better raiseable these days due to global drops. Smithing, tailoring, juwelry, poisonmaking and research.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

sharrien wrote:I found lately that tailoring and smithing go fast. Both require drops, but they are global drops so not that hard to get. Pottery, fletching and brewing are the ones that are dragging for me.
Brewing isn't too terrible because you can still get the ground drops at 10 a go. Just have an alt go pick them up while you're leveling your main ;)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

pandax wrote:
Brewing isn't too terrible because you can still get the ground drops at 10 a go. Just have an alt go pick them up while you're leveling your main ;)
You don't need drops for brewing.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

No groundspawns?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Another 130 BDs invested for 2 skill ups this go round. At 297 now. :mrgreen:
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

I think they might be referring to Kaladim Constitutionals for the ground spawns.
Image Image