Underfoot NDA lifted

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Ellements

Underfoot NDA lifted

Post by Ellements »

I'm sure someone will post a review shortly, but here it is in a nutshell.

Expect to group a lot (a good thing IMO).
Don't expect to solo/molo (it is what it is).
Pets can't take a hit like they used too (see #2).
AA's are pretty good (just not a ton of them).
Spells suck.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Underfoot NDA lifted

Post by Piemastaj »

Not a surprise if it is true, soon as they called for no level increase I knew our pets would get raped. Especially with how easy the content was in SoD, they had to beef it up and we lost out because of that. Hopefully the stuns are the same, if so then duoing won't be a problem. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

Cykee

Post by Cykee »

Any news on the mage aa etc since is lifted?
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Cykee wrote:Any news on the mage aa etc since is lifted?
I'm not sure it is finalized. My beta mage has points to spend and at least one AA line is unbuyable. That is why I'm not posting a list.

The easiest mobs hit 5K but don't enrage. The next zone in mobs hit 5.4K and flurried but deeper in it might be higher.
Bastler
Conjurer

New spellslots, yes or no?

Post by Bastler »

So do we get those prereleased 1-2 spellslots or not?
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

My EM4 pet with all pre-UF AAs was able to tank without too much difficulty in Tier 1 zones. Don't expect to be pet tanking or soloing in higher stuff though, as what previously stated.

However, mobs have a LOT of HP compared to SoD stuff. And I do mean a lot more, like at least twice as much. Don't expect group mobs to die in seconds like they did in SoD.

I'm sure someone will post a full AA list at some point, but here are a few highlights:

Extended Rumbling Servant duration (currently ~ 6 seconds)
Shortened Rumbling Servant recast time (2 seconds per rank, 3 ranks)
Mana free nuke (1550 damage, recast 20 seconds at level 3)
Group Perfected Levitation

In addition to more ranks of many of the standard AA lines (crits, elemental alacrity, etc).

The Rumbling servant AAs are excellent IMO. With Rank 2, all the AAs (including Extended Swarm), and the tier 5 group robe, chaining servants, the 3rd one came out right about as the first one died, so we can consistently keep two servants up if we choose to.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Falino-Luclin wrote:My EM4 pet with all pre-UF AAs was able to tank without too much difficulty in Tier 1 zones. Don't expect to be pet tanking or soloing in higher stuff though, as what previously stated.

However, mobs have a LOT of HP compared to SoD stuff. And I do mean a lot more, like at least twice as much. Don't expect group mobs to die in seconds like they did in SoD.
I'm sure someone will post a full AA list at some point, but here are a few highlights:

Extended Rumbling Servant duration (currently ~ 6 seconds)
Shortened Rumbling Servant recast time (2 seconds per rank, 3 ranks)
Mana free nuke (1550 damage, recast 20 seconds at level 3)
Group Perfected Levitation

In addition to more ranks of many of the standard AA lines (crits, elemental alacrity, etc).

The Rumbling servant AAs are excellent IMO. With Rank 2, all the AAs (including Extended Swarm), and the tier 5 group robe, chaining servants, the 3rd one came out right about as the first one died, so we can consistently keep two servants up if we choose to.
So in your opinion, would changing spec from evo to conj be "the way to go"? Seems to me like RS will be our bread and butter in UF.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

RS has always been our bread and butter ever since we got it in DoDH. However, you will be better off staying Evoc. Simply because you will not have enough mana to cast RS to chain it and if u think about it your casting 3 evoc nukes per RS. RS takes like 18 seconds to repop. You get to cast between 8 to 9 nukes per RS even if you chain it. So, that is 9 nukes that get to save u more mana, then 1 hit per every 20 seconds or so. In those 9 nukes you are also well beyond RSes like 3.2k mana pool hit also (if we base it on raw mana useage, before mana saving items and such).

Thats my 2cp, take it how you choose to. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Piemastaj wrote:RS has always been our bread and butter ever since we got it in DoDH. However, you will be better off staying Evoc. Simply because you will not have enough mana to cast RS to chain it and if u think about it your casting 3 evoc nukes per RS. RS takes like 18 seconds to repop. You get to cast between 8 to 9 nukes per RS even if you chain it. So, that is 9 nukes that get to save u more mana, then 1 hit per every 20 seconds or so. In those 9 nukes you are also well beyond RSes like 3.2k mana pool hit also (if we base it on raw mana useage, before mana saving items and such).

Thats my 2cp, take it how you choose to. :D
Well actually, being a group/duo mage my bread and butter was bolt/fickle twist with the RS on GoM procs.

Now rumors have it that we are going to get help with our mana regen, if this is true using RS as my staple would be viable, i'm T5 geared with 30k mana atm. With UF gear and better regen chaining RS for 3 or 4 (maybe more?) mobs and OOC regen would, in theory, be doable and efficient.

If our mana regen is staying par for the course with only some scaling then i would agree that conj spec wouldn't be very profitable.

Anyways, that was the reasoning behind my question.