Katta Faction

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Katta Faction

Post by Jaytee »

I am dubious to Katta folks - what can I do to raise this faction quickly (and hopefully easily) so I can personally buy powersources?
Zacatac
Conjurer

Re: Katta Faction

Post by Zacatac »

This solo task here can be repeated indefinately - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and gives you 75pp and a faction hit each time. Very easy to do, and you get some xp doing it. I used to bind myself next to the quest giver (who is in the building you enter via guild portal) to make it even faster to repeat.

However, I should point out that powersources can be made via tradeskills now. Check the bazaar, I'm sure you'll find some.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

Reading on allakhazam, they suggest you do the
Herb Retrieval- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4116
in combination with
The Serpent Slayer - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4114

I started those two quests at Level 71 with ~300 AAs and a Merc. It was slow but possible. My guess was that I could have completed the two quests on an average of 2 hours.

Im still 71 but closer to 800 AAs and fighting in paw.

I would like some of my 71-75 spells from katta one day.

Is killing the elementals the fastest way to gain faction, or is it faster to combine the two quests listed above to gain faction faster.

(Also, since we are facing a 2xfaction weekend, is it faster to gain the faction at 71 or should I wait to 75 and kill mobs faster but without the double faction?)

Edit: Or it might be easier to just wait for Underfoot and hope the spells will be researchable... (released in ~3 weeks)

Br,
Wati
Kepla

Post by Kepla »

Additionally, if you're going to go this route, I strongly recommend you work the portal quests. Makes getting around significantly easier.
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ?f=15&t=74" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zinophate post a good write up on this quest that i have been doing since about 83 with merc in tow. Pretty easy now at 85 with better focus and i take about 40 min per run to finish (travel time included)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Note that if you're wanting the faction to buy spells remember that when underfoot comes out the spells from TBS will become researchable. As for power cores, I know that there are tradeskillable ones, but aren't the TBS purchased ones supposed to be better?
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

All the same powersources that are on the vender can be made via tradeskills, including the raid level ones. In general it seems on my server that the raid powersources are the most common for sale in the bazaar, there doesn't seem to be as many folks making the lower level ones.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Jaytee wrote:I am dubious to Katta folks - what can I do to raise this faction quickly (and hopefully easily) so I can personally buy powersources?
The easiest way would be to gather up a few friends, search for the highest orum reward giving missions and bully your way through a few. The individual tasks gives ~10 faction points per and thus you would need ~120 tasks to be ally. It's ~1200 faction points to ally. For the missions, you get half the orum in faction, so if you hit a few missions that give 200 orum, you get 100 faction for it. Hit a 200 orum mission 10 times and you're there + you would have made the necessary orum to buy anything you need. Of course this would be the standard stuff, not the raid ones.
I used to easily box the combine mission, but it has been a long time. I'm not even sure how many orum it gives these days. Back when it was hot, it got to as low as 25 orum per run.