Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Janiblis
Magician

Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent

Post by Janiblis »

Was looking to obtain our Class defining line of spell focus augment for the level 93 spell (Abolish the Divergent). Went to Beasts Domain and searched on ((Jayt Steed (The Interceptors)) and found all of our other focus augments for our Veil of Alaris level 91-95 spells but could not locate our class defining summoned monstor damage focus for Magicians on this vendor. I did however find one for the Class DRU (druid). What gives with that? Is this spell augment located somewhere else or did they just forget about mages this time around in our class defining area of damage against Summoned Monstors?
Felinya
Magician

Re: Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent

Post by Felinya »

smurf, I thought that the class defining line was pet toys and CoH! I looked for it also but couldn't find it either.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

It's not there. Was brought up in VoA and were told one wasn't being made.
Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

One was made for the DRUID Class by the exact same name of the Magician level 93 spell "Abolish the Divergent".

They could have very easily Added our class on that Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent that currently only has DRU on it as a useable class.

http://eq.magelo.com/item/76649 You can view the info on it here.

The Druid spell is exactly the same as the mage spell also. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... pell=28802
Last edited by Janiblis on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

There were only so many slots available and they were made after beta. Aristo made a bunch then threw them on the pc. Faycite shards are non-trivial to make.

We had this out on the EQlive forums back in VoA. It hardly touches anyones spell lineup because it is horrible dps for a minimal mana savings. There was another faycite missing as well.

No one disagrees one should have been made, but it's one of those things that "once it's done, it's done".
Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

My question is why did they simply not add MAG Class onto the "Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent" that was made for the DRU Class.

The spells are Identical in every manner both level 93 for Mage and Druid and same damage for RKI. RKII, and RKIII.

Perhaps I do not understand what the difficulty would be to have that "Irae Faycite Shard: Abolish the Divergent" have the MAG Class added to it as well to effect our line of spells and not just the Druids.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I don't see where it matters really - it is a spell you should use very seldom to begin with.
Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

If your taking out Summoned monstors like the one around the lake in Grelleth's Palace Zone every bit of damage you put out helps.

There are a good number of Summoned mobs in that zone to use your level 93 and level 98 summoned damage spells in conjunction with each other.

93 Abolish the Divergent

98 Exterminate the Unnatural
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Janiblis wrote:If your taking out Summoned monstors like the one around the lake in Grelleth's Palace Zone every bit of damage you put out helps.

There are a good number of Summoned mobs in that zone to use your level 93 and level 98 summoned damage spells in conjunction with each other.

93 Abolish the Divergent

98 Exterminate the Unnatural
They are not typical items. I don't know why they didn't/can't add a flag for mages to use them.

As mentioned above: using them to dps with is hurting yourself, in all honesty. You get far greater, and more reliable, dps using your normal lineup. As I said earlier, the mana savings just aren't enough of an offset. On top of that, you can ooc regen as necessary.

Like I said, this conversation was had on eqlive and the mage community really didn't care that it was missing. The majority found it curious but ultimately didn't care (and it's possible why one wasn't added because people had checked them out and sent in recommendations).

It sucks that it's missing but it is not being changed. If you want a better answer, you can PM Aristo about it. He's the one who makes them. His reply about the type 3's back then was along the lines of "what's there is there and new ones are not being added." On top of that, the devs consider this a "bonus" item and not part of normal dps. So you can kind of see the priority in these things.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Now if theft of essence worked this would have been a boon for mages that solo'd in Zeka and Beza. Between ToE and Chaotic Assistance a pet could be kept up with next to no effort in older aaxp grind zones. However with ToE being "bugged" and this not being mage usable we were indirectly nerfed by this added feature.

A nickle may not buy anything more than a gumball but enough of them put together can buy a lot of nice things.