Thaumatize pet

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Thaumatize pet

Post by deadman1204 »

Does anyone keep this up and use it?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Thaumatize pet

Post by Tweelis »

Nope, not worth the spell slot. Once in awhile I'll buff myself with it in the lobby (just before a lesson burn) but for the most part it isn't worth the buff slot either.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I keep it up all the time and reuse it as necessary. I don't use it during a burn though.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Same. I keep it up all the time and use as it refreshes, but it's skipped during burns.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

One of our best spells we have. I could not imagine, not having this spell on my bar 24/7.

At its most basic form the mana regen you get is 150 PER tick. At its highest form you go up to 275 mana PER tick. The only draw back is if you take any melee DMG the recourse falls off. All for 280 mana at rank 3, well worth the spell slot.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

its too bad old rankIIIs can't be easily available at higher lvls
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I always have it up also. Wish is didn't change Target but with the duration of some of the t4 events, everything counts for us.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Maybe my math is off but it seems to me that spending 240 mana in order to get 1250 mana every 2 minutes isn't that good of a return?
Zegzag

Post by Zegzag »

You have to take into account the foci and AA's that reduce the mana cost for the spell as well. 240 mana for the spell is like maybe what 100 mana more or less in reality after you take into account what I said above.

Its still a great spell and I keep it on my spell bard 24/7 and its ALWAYS being used every time it is up!
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Tweelis wrote:Maybe my math is off but it seems to me that spending 240 mana in order to get 1250 mana every 2 minutes isn't that good of a return?
My thaumatize recourse lasts 8 ticks. The amount of mana you get back is variable, but I would estimate it averages about 1400 mana with rk3. If you recast every 2 minutes, that is 70 mana regen per tick. Chanter premeditation rk3 gives 89 per tick. Sure, chanter is better, but I would not sneeze at an extra 70 mana per tick in a sustained dps situation (lesson burns, long raids).

I have thaumatage in my multibind keys for sustained dps, and have an audiotrigger for when it casts, since I need to change target after that. I just quickly hit assist hotkey when it goes off and go back to hammering the multibind key. Which, if I am paying attention, can easily happen between casts without losing any cast time at all.