whats your dps look like?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Re: whats your dps look like?

Post by Summerfrost »

I doubt pet focus is a 7k difference
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Also a question, does pet spell proc affect VT? Should I turn spells off?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The issue I have is basically she did 4k less then I did with a bard, and you did not have 1. So what this would lead me to believe that if she had a bard and used clicks she would be at the very least 95k, and closer to 100k. That seems a bit of a stretch imho, which is why I would appreciate seeing all her DPS spread out.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

Will try and get it from her tonight. Also, I figured out why I had my pet dps so much less than hers, I didn't pick up any of my pet's melee damage, just procs. Don't know why she picked up her pet's melee damage tbh, we were right next to each other, and by the dru, to get dru's aura... Is there any way to 'extend' how far you can see melee damage? I have many of my settings turned way down, does that possibly affect the range that I can be from mob to see melee damage?

It frustrates me to no end that I have to be very close to pick up melee damage, including my own pet's melee damage. Also, correct, wasn't a single bard in the raid, much less in our group. Bard's always go to melee groups for this event though if we even have 1, for us.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You can't extend it. You don't need to be that close to get all of your pets DPS though.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I'd check your Window filters and the filters in options
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I'm not in a high DPS guild by any means but our mage core is very good (and we have quite a few) so we usually have 4 or 5 mages in the top 10 with 2 or 3 in top 5.

Most recently on a Herald burn, I pulled off a little over 45K in 204 secs (our fastest kill I believe) partially slacking (I was MA and chatting in vent and such). I know there's much room for improvement. Spells were mostly Rk3's except RS which is RK2 and 95 Spear which is Rk1 (yes I know, slacker). No glyphs, no 7th, no shaman, no bard, forgot potion, but did have a chanter and that's with T1 raid arms (yes, I know still a slacker --- and a lazy slacker at that).

One day I'll get off my lazy tail and go pick up all the stuff I need, but I did top parse so meh.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

/GU Vsariard, the Revelation in 87s, 8297k @95369dps --- Piemastaj + pets 8297k @95369dps.

Just pulled this off tonight, best I have seen by far from myself.

Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Shame mages still can't break 100k dps :/

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Wizzies are at 80 to 85k DPS. No shame at all.