host of elements

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: host of elements

Post by Savil »

HoE doesn't push *that* much actually, its the lag that it creates when you have 3-4 mages + every other class wanker with swarm pets tossing at the same time (wire and I used to stagger cast for this reason + max pet count when it mattered).

Most melee cries about pets pushing because they are too stupid to understand its the lag created by the pets that is actually the issue with them missing the mob. The only way to fix HoE would be for SoE to fix the lag issues with the servers (fat chance). The BEST way to fix it (IMHO) would be to change it so it only creates 3-4 pets /w low hps, but do a LOT of dmg while out. Kinda like a 1/2 power garg pet or something. You could keep using them for tanking in solo / group content and not create near as much lag with them during raids, you could also get them out fast enough to not screw up your weave as well.

Another idea was to replace HoE with soemthing that kicked out 2 full powered RS pets once every 10 mins on insta cast, but he didn't like any sort of that idea ether.

I know for a fact that HoE has been talked about to Elidroth in the past during dev chats, and the same ideas above were given to him, but they were insta shot down.

Savil
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

One mana free RS would be nice to replace it on a ten min timer. You could keep the old HoE pets but start a new line off req so many rank of it. You would have a choice which you wanted to use it for, just link their timers.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

From EQlive by Eli:

Minor update to the AA requests:

No more swarm pets. I'm fine with upgrading the existing, and in fact I'm going to try to reduce the number spawned (without losing relative effectiveness of course). I will NOT be entertaining creation of any NEW swarm pet AA or increasing the number spawned via existing abilities. There's already too many as is.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

AA garg pet has not taken so far. Has been brought up quite a lot in the past, nada.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams