Pets/Rogue Merc

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Bastler
Conjurer

Pets/Rogue Merc

Post by Bastler »

Rogue mercs are able to always move to the back of a mob. SOE should be able to implement this to pets too no?
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: Pets/Rogue Merc

Post by Savil »

Its been asked for in the past, but the general answer always given has been "we don't want to make it to easy to dps with pets, you need to have to position the pet if you want to do max damage". Basically they can but they don't want too.

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:Its been asked for in the past, but the general answer always given has been "we don't want to make it to easy to dps with pets, you need to have to position the pet if you want to do max damage". Basically they can but they don't want too.

Savil
Just stop, really.

The actual answer is that mercs are a different code entirely. The way pets are coded prevents them from sticking to a mob's back. People need to quit assuming that because a merc can do it, pets can. Mercs are not pets and are their own entire thing inside EQ.

If they were to radically rewrite EQ or pet code, they probably would not allow this but have never actually shot it down wholesale. They also know we want pets to do this because we've been asking for years.
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

They did give us companion relocation, which helps a lot

But the other thing is, tanks need to stop turning around 180 degree every 2 sec!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

yaladilae wrote:
But the other thing is, tanks need to stop turning around 180 degree every 2 sec!
I'll do you one better: tanks need to start playing correctly! :twisted:
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Voragath wrote:
yaladilae wrote:
I'll do you one better: tanks need to start playing correctly! :twisted:
Why? It's easier to blame pets for everything that ever goes wrong.

Q: What's with the low dps tonight?
A: It's the dang pets pushing mob all over the place.
Q: What do you mean? We are corner tanking.
A: Uhmmmmmm

Q: Why did the tank not get healed?
A: Pets pushed him out of range.
Q: Say what? We are all in a small room.
A: Uhmmmmmm
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Actually vora, wire and I asked this very question during one of the dev irc chats and that was the very answer we were given. Don't act like I'm full of smurf bro, I'm just saying what the dev told us. Now they very well could be a code issue as well, but the devs response to us was very specific in that they didn't want to do make DPS'ing with water pet "too easy".

I'm actually surprised you don't remember the talk in SW mage that resulted from this when I started talking about it .. because it kinda pissed me off at the time. Basically the devs shot down almost every single idea Wire and I presented that night.

Also, don't assume just because *you* haven't been told something by a dev that it means *nobody* has been.

Savil
Last edited by Savil on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Not acting because you are. Code prevents it. Too bad. Get over it.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I have no probs believing there are code issues as well, but the devs didn't say as much to us. They did say they didn't want to make DPS'ing to easy. If you want to act like that though, fine. I don't like being called a liar, I've tried to treat you with a certain amount of respect and expect the same in return. One question for you, *why in the smurf* would l lie about this? Just for the smurf of it? *Think about what you're trying to accuse me of* because its kinda stupid.

Savil
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Well I have been a while buy with real life, so I was wondering. I understand if it is a code thing, and I have had pet relocation, since it was offered as an AA. I am also not lazy enough to turn a bit in place and click 1 button.
I was just curious if it could coded for pets too.
Last edited by Bastler on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.