New AA's for Next Expansion:

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Fleiss
Conjurer

Re: New AA's for Next Expansion:

Post by Fleiss »

Our versus summon/construct line has sucked and turn summoned is useless and died off.

Take Turn summon, keep it's current crappy DoT (I say crappy because we don't have AA to mod DoT damage, nor do I want it) and minor chace to recourse a DD. Use the duration of the DoT and add effect where if someone cast a versus summoned spell on tha mob it recourse like 200K damage versus said target. Probably along the likes of 20 to 25% proc rate. This would actually make us somewhat masters of elemental type crap. This would be able to scale up on raids because more toons around to proc it during raid, and obviously scale down during group unless you are all mages and druids. It would give us a special ability we could share with the raid and coordinate during burn who is placing first, second and so on.

Personally I would like to think we should have gotten more abilities versus summon/constricts but almost everything is like 3 expansion behind. We can't slow, charm, mez them like necros (even changing none UD into UD to do some of these) can. We have one special spell versus them and it is shared with druids; thus making it a joke except for mana eff if you even worry about that. Pallies can slay the crap out of some UD and they are far from a DPS class. It is just sad that this line isn't relevant but versus UD seems to only have nice gains.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Other ideas are:

Do not add anything else I have to click to just to compete with other DPS classes, We have enough buttons! (Unless it is soo excpetional everyone in the game screams nerf!)

Significantly upgrade all our useful AAs!

elemental forms (wouldn't mind seeing these add hp/m and becoming relevant again)

I think we are coming to a point in EQ where if it require coding or too much work the answer is no. Unless FTP is just raking in tons more cash for them, I bet EQ isn't a priority on where to put the hours in at SoE. Thus why all the promises and not the progresses. If it is easy, we might win. They will of course do something new to keep us interested but usually built off of something else. Game is too old to totally recreate the code.

We can ask again on somethings but they need to be really important. Pretty sure the "Nos" will remain Nos.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Was thinking about 4 activated AAs that took the best part of the fire, earth, air and water pet and granted it's ability to your current pet for a limited amount of time.

For example:

Infusion of Air ( 3 ranks)- Grants your pet the power of Air. Grants your pet the ability to stun mobs. For the first rank it would be for 25% of the air pets normal ability. Then 50% of the air pets normal ability and final rank 75%. Would stun up to the current pet's level.

Infusion of Water ( 3 ranks ) - Grants your pet the power of Water. Grants your pet the ability to backstab mobs for 25%, 50% and 75% of the water pets backstabs.

Infusion of Eath ( 3 ranks ) - Grants your pet the power of Earth. Grants your pet with enhanced AC, HP and mitigation (would like some feed back on ranks of power for this)

Infusion of Fire ( 3 ranks ) - Grants your pet the power of Fire. Grants your pet with the ability to strike with fire. ( would like some feed back on ranks of power for this)
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Make those castable on a PC and that would really be something interesting.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

what about more levels of hastened mend to bring down the use of replenish companion?
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

What about an AA that reduces the mana cost of gargolyes by 10%? To code easier, it could give us 10% of the mana back, similar to how gift of mana works
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

Hastened Force of Elements
Quickened Malosinete

more levels of Hastened Malosinete
Necromage

Post by Necromage »

Theft of Essence is NOT working on lvl 88 and 93 AtA spells.

I don't mind if there are no upgrades to the Theft of Essence AA as long as it gets back to working for lvl 88, lvl 93 and the upcoming lvl 98.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

What about even bigger modulation shards?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Necromage wrote:Theft of Essence is NOT working on lvl 88 and 93 AtA spells.

I don't mind if there are no upgrades to the Theft of Essence AA as long as it gets back to working for lvl 88, lvl 93 and the upcoming lvl 98.
This is known and I remind Eli from time to time.