Test patch 4/4

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
sharrien
Elementalist

Test patch 4/4

Post by sharrien »

Anyone know what this means from yesterday's test patch notes?

- Magician - Exigent Minions and Exigent Servants have discovered a new ability that will only work against certain raid targets.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Test patch 4/4

Post by dorfillya »

exigent pets have gained the ability to have their master instantly transported to his bind point, somewhat the way "ranger gate" works, this is my best guess
Last edited by dorfillya on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Dorfillya wouldnt that mean that we get ported back to bind in the midle of the raid? or did I compleatly miss what you meant :O?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I think you missed my sarcastic attempt at humor.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Oh lol im sorry
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

For what its worth... I got a kick out of it. Prob true as well :)

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:For what its worth... I got a kick out of it. Prob true as well :)

Savil
Damnit, Savil. I could agree with you on this and that would be bad. Wouldn't the universe cease or something?

Anyway, it was funny :lol:

The actual changes are:

Currently, they cast the spells Minion/Servant Strike. Each is cast 20 times during the time the pet is up. Servant Strike is, by rank, 4248/4460/4683. Minion Strike (Fire dmg) is 4611/4842/5084.

On raid mobs, they will now cast Minion/Servant Slay. Each is cast 20 times druing the time the pet is up. Servant Slay is 10068/10570/11099 and Minion Slay is 10928/11476/12049.

Each pet is 30s, the resists are -50 MR for servant and -50 FR for minion. That's both group and raid spell versions. I've asked Aristo to boost the resist checks for at least the raid spell versions.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Is it safe to assume that mobs on raids are debuffed with malo or something similar? If so, are raid mobs really that resistant that an additional -50 means that much?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Tweelis wrote:Is it safe to assume that mobs on raids are debuffed with malo or something similar? If so, are raid mobs really that resistant that an additional -50 means that much?
It probably depends on the mob. But any resist check added on top of the debuff is helpful because we want all of those nukes to land.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Voragath wrote:
Tweelis wrote:Is it safe to assume that mobs on raids are debuffed with malo or something similar? If so, are raid mobs really that resistant that an additional -50 means that much?
It probably depends on the mob. But any resist check added on top of the debuff is helpful because we want all of those nukes to land.
That makes sense. Although I don't raid (would love to one of these days though) my guild does raid with several mages. One of them checks these boards once in awhile but the rest don't bother with any boards. Sometimes it seems I'm the only one that tells them about what's going on with raid mages. lol