Extended Rumbling Servant AA query

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Miphon
Elementalist

Extended Rumbling Servant AA query

Post by Miphon »

Having just levelled up to 80, I note that the Extended Rumbling Servant AA has become available. I think the first rank is buyable at 79. I have only just acquired Rancorous Servant at 80, Rumbling not being an option until 85.

My question is why would the AA to extend a level 85 spell open up before I can use it, unless it affects Rancorous Servant also? The description does not advise such so I am loathe to purchase it unless someone can verify it does affect the lower level servant.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Extended Rumbling Servant AA query

Post by Piemastaj »

I am unsure if it works on the lower servant, but it does work on non-Rumbling Servants.

Every expansion we have to get Elidroth to specifically add in the newer Garg pet to this AA line. So there is a good possibility it will not work. I will take a look at it when I can to see if they are working, if not I will PM Elidroth to see whats up.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Correction. I should have said Hastened Rumbling Servant, not Extended although I believe that ability may open up before Rumbling becomes usable also. First rank purchasable at 79. The point still stands though. Appreciate any feedback.
Afropets

Post by Afropets »

Miphon wrote:Correction. I should have said Hastened Rumbling Servant, not Extended although I believe that ability may open up before Rumbling becomes usable also. First rank purchasable at 79. The point still stands though. Appreciate any feedback.
I was under the impression that AAs like that are meant to affect the entire spell line. (I mean otherwise why would they allow you to purchase AAs for something that you can't even use yet - although this is SOE we're talking about). If you can verify this one way or the other I'm curious as well because I've been avoiding picking up the extended/hastened AAs for this very reason. Logically they should affect all the spells in that spell line but I can't prove that.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

So I spent 5 AA to get Hastened Rumbling Servant 1. Before AA, 18 second recast on Rancorous Servant. After AA, still 18 seconds. /raspberry

5AAs is no big loss even though i don't plan on levelling to 85 in a hurry. Still, it does irk that they open up the AA line before you can take advantage of it.

On a brighter note, just earned enough loyalty tokens to buy the Vicious Rabbit. Going to have some fun with him.