Spells in PoK

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Spells in PoK

Post by deadman1204 »

Are all the new spells (everything up to 85) sold in pok going to be rankI or rankII? Anyone know?
Danille

Re: Spells in PoK

Post by Danille »

Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

deadman1204 wrote:Are all the new spells (everything up to 85) sold in pok going to be rankI or rankII? Anyone know?
Rank 1, but the cool thing is even the more rare type of spells (like arcane distillect, RS, etc) are on the merchants as well, so you don't need to go kill 500 mobs to hope on a global drop of the right spell just to even get the rank 1 version, or factioning, etc.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Speaking of the new spells, Shock of Many Rk. II does not appear to be researchable. Don't know if this was an oversight or intentional, but it's extremely frustrating. Have to faction grind to get that one by the looks.

If any mages on Cazic need mage spells, I can help out with my enchanter who's sitting at an unmodified 260 skill in research. The draught of the craftsman potion is excellent for making difficult combines. It looks to be salvaging every component for failed combines.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Yeah, we talked about this during beta and I think some of those faction spells stayed as faction spells. I think that was a bad decision.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

aren't the faction spells tradable?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

bluejaye wrote:aren't the faction spells tradable?
Depends. Some are. I think all of HoT are but I don't think all of SoD are. I could be wrong because I haven't checked on all spells for all classes. They talked about making them all tradeable in beta but I didn't follow up on that.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Well it's not consistent if that is the case. I researched Rancorous Servant Rk. II and the druid spell Fernspike Rk. II, both of which require faction with Brownie Rebels and along with Shock of Many Rk. II are bought off Karri in The Steam Factory. Perhaps eqtraders.com and allakhazam are just missing the relevant research info for the spell. Might post on eqtraders.com and see what people say.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Nice. Yeah, the lack of direction or feedback on spells in beta means no one does it. Hard to tell if a recipe is broken or non-existent.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Glad to report that the spell is researchable, just made one with some help from a board member on EQTraders.

For the benefit of anyone trying this themselves, here's the recipe.

Charta Arcanum
Quill of the Arch Convoker
Ro's Ink Additive
Arcane Thickener
3 x Ink of Pain