76 v 81, considering tradeable pet foci and FBO2

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Miphon
Elementalist

76 v 81, considering tradeable pet foci and FBO2

Post by Miphon »

Hi guys. Returning mage, currently at 76 with less than 200AA. Previously grouping style, all the Rk2 spells 75 down. Currently planning to keep things largely solo/molo. I should clarify that I'm trying to focus on having fun and avoid the grind. I don't want to get into the habit of camping one zone just to grind hundreds of AAs.

My question is will an 81 air pet with EM V focus and FBO2 give enough of an edge over a 76 air pet with Spire Servant focus to offset the increasing difficulty in AA gain from being higher level? Gear will be from whatever I can scavenge from bazaar and whatever I can get molo.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: 76 v 81, considering tradeable pet foci and FBO2

Post by Tweelis »

It will in my opinion. Splitpaw in the basement at level 81 is a sweet spot. I can't remember how plane of fire is at 76. A lot of this depends on which zones you want to explore of course. If you always want to be in the highest level zone you can handle then stay 76 for awhile but if you want to solo light blue con's move up to 81.
Miphon
Elementalist

Re: 76 v 81, considering tradeable pet foci and FBO2

Post by Miphon »

Thanks for the input. Have worked over Splitpaw and PoFire already, unlikely to return in a hurry. Would rather explore new ground. Been working Sunderock and Direwind for quests. XP in Direwind, molo with a cleric is pretty good. After I get tired of that content which is where I was when I quit playing last time, I might move over to SoF zones and carry on.

Don't have any good reason to race to a higher level. Might as well enjoy all the content I can while it's level appropriate.