VH and CV named

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Ninven

VH and CV named

Post by Ninven »

Hello, i box a necro mage mage

all chars have EM6 and all important pet aas, im finding it difficult to kill most named, i can only kill a couple in VH and havent been able to kill any in CV yet..all i do is have cleric merc buff and fortify pets and send them in..everything else i do during the fight is dps on the 3 chars..is there a buff im not using or something I should be doing but am not?

Thanks for the advice.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: VH and CV named

Post by Voragath »

Missing lots and probably some tricks. Make sure the RS pet gets to the mob first, use companion's blessing to help with heals, have your mages ALL have chaotic boon up to help with heals, use aegis of kildrukaun as it refreshes, use host in the shell. Pet DA works too and having more than one mage will allow you to rotate pets out. Make sure all pets have CH blocked so mercs don't waste time casting that, and make sure you have at least 2 cleric mercs up. Sometimes keeping your PR up helps with heals as the cleric mercs will sometimes bug out and not heal while that's on the pet.

I hope something in there helps you out :D

Edit: I made lots of assumptions here like you have the basics covered (eg. iceflame on your pet).
Ninven

Post by Ninven »

ah yeah that helps a lot..but why send RS pet first? wont they just keel over?

also what is PR?
Zaaqen

Post by Zaaqen »

Ninven wrote:ah yeah that helps a lot..but why send RS pet first? wont they just keel over?

also what is PR?
Yes, they will be killed, that's the point. Every hit they take means your main pet isnt taking one.

PR is Promised heal (in this case Promised Rejuvenation)

Make sure Aegis of Kildrukaun is up on all pets and ready to cast again before you engage. When you pop Fortify Companion, pop Frenzied Burnout as well if you're not (Seems obvious, but Im mentioning it just in case). If mercs start to get behind on heals, or things look sketchy, pop Replenish Companion, it's instant cast, so it shouldnt get in the way of DPS'ing.

As already mentioned, Pet DA is nice. Promised pet and quickly toss it on immediately after to make pet invulnerable with a heal that will hit despite having DA on. This will allow you some time for Kildrukuan to refresh, as well. It blocks hits entirely, so is for more powerful than any single cast heal you can hit for only slightly more cast time (.4 seconds). After Runes are down for the second casting you can probably just DA each pet as the previous dies and live long enough to DPS it down.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Even with EM8 and max pet defensive AAs sometimes I get spikes that kill a pet. You might want to try pocketing a pet just in case the one you have up gets killed. Fully buff it including fortify and frenzied burnout before suspending.

I haven't killed very many named in Husk and none yet in Conv (been trying to finish up the Shawl so haven't been camping any named), but this is what I do to prep if I know I'm going up against a named or tanking in a progression mission.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre