Conjuration's Comeback

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Erawen

Re: Conjuration's Comeback

Post by Erawen »

Ok, so I'm still working on my 'serious' list of stuff about summon spells, but after summoning hundreds of ale per person tonight in the guild hall ... I propose MGB Ale lol - I think some fun maybe 'quested' optional spells like that couldn't hurt us. If the developers have time of course.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Summoned invis stones are a huge item if you raid. We drop them before all raids and still get tells during raids for a new one. Honestly I get asked for more invis stones then I do for anything else. So this is one item I want to be a targeted summoned item for a long time. It would be the most used spell for summoned item I would have and would mem it daily, maybe even a few times a day as people use one up and ask for another. If Sued reads this I am sure he would agree, as I know he hands a lot of them out as well.

Calebe
Danille

Post by Danille »

Calebe wrote:Summoned invis stones are a huge item if you raid. We drop them before all raids and still get tells during raids for a new one. Honestly I get asked for more invis stones then I do for anything else. So this is one item I want to be a targeted summoned item for a long time. It would be the most used spell for summoned item I would have and would mem it daily, maybe even a few times a day as people use one up and ask for another. If Sued reads this I am sure he would agree, as I know he hands a lot of them out as well.

Calebe
Mass invis stones would be wonderful.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Danille wrote:Mass invis stones would be wonderful.
Ohhh, I like that idea!

I've been handing out a lot of them lately. We just started doing Tower. So that means a paladin or cleric has to make the run all the way from zone in to the Tower entrance without the invis pots dropping somewhere in the middle of the run.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Or you just send 12 people, plant a banner, and that's that.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

svenalo wrote:Or you just send 12 people, plant a banner, and that's that.
Doesn't work for us, we aren't a guild. We are a non-guild raiding coalition with as many as 20 different guildtags at times. Therefore we don't get to use guild banner tricks.

http://www.ahraiding.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

svenalo wrote:Or you just send 12 people, plant a banner, and that's that.
And yes, we could do that as well, but typically we start moving to the tower while most people are still logging in. Obviously everyone who can self invis goes to the doors, but until we get the 12 in the zone people are running there on their own. Until the banner is up it's easier to have people in the zone invis (by stones if necessary) and then run to the door rather than stand there and wait, then go back to the guild lobby and then banner in.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Merlaina wrote:
Danille wrote:This is a very interesting thread. One thing that would be cool would be to eliminate the randomness our caldron spell as an advanced mage of the 90th season should be old enough to have mastered the art of summoning the items truly needed and not a pail of slop!
I actually don't mind the randomness. It makes it so we can't on demand summon a windcloak. If we could it would probably be considered overpowered (and the rogues would scream bloody murder). I wouldn't mind if they decided that at level 90 we were at least skilled enough to avoid the pail of slop though.
Crap. For as long as I've had the Caldron summoning maybe an average of 5 or so items a day, I've gotten the windcloak exactly once. I do have drink, food and pails of slop falling out my nose though.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sillaen wrote: Crap. For as long as I've had the Caldron summoning maybe an average of 5 or so items a day, I've gotten the windcloak exactly once. I do have drink, food and pails of slop falling out my nose though.
You have just had some pretty terrible luck then. I've clicked the thing maybe 100 times ever and gotten at least 7-8 cloaks out of the thing. I think I get those stupid prying eyes more than anything though.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Sillaen wrote:
Merlaina wrote:
Danille wrote:This is a very interesting thread. One thing that would be cool would be to eliminate the randomness our caldron spell as an advanced mage of the 90th season should be old enough to have mastered the art of summoning the items truly needed and not a pail of slop!
I actually don't mind the randomness. It makes it so we can't on demand summon a windcloak. If we could it would probably be considered overpowered (and the rogues would scream bloody murder). I wouldn't mind if they decided that at level 90 we were at least skilled enough to avoid the pail of slop though.
Crap. For as long as I've had the Caldron summoning maybe an average of 5 or so items a day, I've gotten the windcloak exactly once. I do have drink, food and pails of slop falling out my nose though.
Did you DESTROY the cloak? It's lore and does not poof on use, so using it leaves it in your inventory and prevents you from summoning a new one.