Macro

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Macro

Post by deadman1204 »

Im trying to make a button to push my #1 button on the action bar, what is the command I would type on the line to do that?

My goal here is to make a cycle in 2 buttons
push "1"
pause a bit
push "1"
pause a bit
push "2"

then have the 2nd button do it once and send it back to button 1

how would i do this?
Zacatac
Conjurer

Re: Macro

Post by Zacatac »

If you told us what "1" and "2" are doing, we might be able to help. But there is no ingame command to push the buttons for you.
Last edited by Zacatac on Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Not knowing what you want to do makes it hard to write up the script for you.

But say button 1 is a spell and 2 is an AA

/cast 6 (if that spell is membed in the 6th spell gem)
/cast 6 /pause 10 (10 = 1 second and even is pause is after the cast the pause will go first)
/alt act 1234 /pause 10 (the list of alt act # can be found here)

That would do what you want.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

What you are trying to do is not possible.

Looping of hotkeys is against the EULA, and something they have made sure wouldnt work.

You can not push buttons, you can only cast spells/do abilities.
EnigmaMaitreya

Post by EnigmaMaitreya »

deadman1204 wrote:Im trying to make a button to push my #1 button on the action bar, what is the command I would type on the line to do that?

My goal here is to make a cycle in 2 buttons
push "1"
pause a bit
push "1"
pause a bit
push "2"

then have the 2nd button do it once and send it back to button 1

how would i do this?
Hum, As others have said it is not exactly clear what your wanting, so lets look at two things.

If your just wanting to simulate pressing the 1 key which theoretically would be mapped to the HotKey 1 then (I have never done this) you would simply put a 1 on that line etc.

To pause / wait a time between things the command is
/pause nn where nn = 10 = 1 second - nn = 1 = 0.1 seconds

To pause after a spell is cast this is to the best of my knowledge the only way this line can be formatted.

/pause 40,/cast 7

other commands are

/doability N (maybe there is a /hotkey N ?)

when I am 2 boxing I will create a hot key like this

/assist Player/Pet/Merc Name
/pause 20 -(as for me the assist is not always - well quite often - well almost always NOT instantaneous in doing the target)
/pet attack
/pause 50,/cast 7
/pause 50,/cast 8

That way I hit one key and forget the 2nd box.

As for being illegal - well there is no way that I know of to use the in game macro to loop so that is pretty much a non issue as far as I know.

Now then for the Logitech G15 and the new Key Pad they introduced, hum are these things considered illegal to use in terms of EQ? I do not know, I have used the G15 for years to do a series of trade skill combines (Shaman). One can not do this in a loop as eventually, one way or another your going to run out of space.

I know that Ultima Online's position on such external devices is they are legal to us, AFK playing is NOT legal.

Why the above is important is this, to the best of my knowledge, the looping macro is not and has never been the great sin/crime that SoE has rules against. Their rules are against playing the game AFK for a sustained amount of time (let us say anything longer than 5 minutes is a naughty no no).

So using the G15 to automate some actions is not going to get you busted. If they think your AFK playing they show up, say Howdy do there and as long as you are there to have a conversation with them then all is good. Of course if you are not, then all bets are off and your on your own.

Is it illegal to take a level 81 Mage with the 81 Air pet and a healer merc, 2 or 3 box your babies or any stranger wanting to be pl'd, in paws and just stand in paws, in a heavily trafficked place, let the merc healer keep everyone and everything alive and let the 81 air pet mass murder anything that comes around? Same could be said of Katta.

Now I see people doing this kind of AFK play a .... well often enough, No key ever needs to be sent, pressed etc, it is all driven by the games AI.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Well, way back before Kunark came out, people used to park fire pets in the bandit camps of the Karanas to do mass slaughter as they popped with the mage afk - no keys were pressed, etc. And back then they said that was a no no...
EnigmaMaitreya

Post by EnigmaMaitreya »

Yes it was and that is more or less the point. It has always been about gaining in anything in the game while being AFK. This has been the thing they have always been against. Macroing is often referred to as the culprit, but it isn't, it is the AFK gaining that is what they look at.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

:?: New question about hotkeys.

Is it possible to target my pet in a hotkey? Is it possible to target my first/second/third target on my extended target list from a hotkey?

Ofcourse I know that /target <current pet name> and /assist <current pet name> will do parts of this.

//Wati
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Wati wrote::?: New question about hotkeys.

Is it possible to target my pet in a hotkey?

/pet target
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

and /xtarget #