The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
wire
Elementalist

Re: The Parse!~

Post by wire »

Redius wrote:along those lines, make sure you save 2 clicks of it for when you hit the twincast spell....the clicky nukes WILL twincast, and you can pop 2 of them off in the 20ish seconds twincast lasts.
A lot of clickies will give you the twincast message, similar to RS; but I'm pretty sure that none of them actually duplicate the effect.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

i usually cast ramp servant before host because if host is still spitting out you wont get the servant pet but take the mana hit for no effect.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

buffed, fb'd water pet pocketed

on assist call
-unsuspend send in pet, get it on back side
-aa malo/big malo
-ramp servant
-host
-first spire and focus
-twincast
-jolt
-81 bolt
-76 bolt

-when first spire is up, i hit firecore, if twincast makes it up again i'll use intensity if i havent used it in place of first spire
-refresh fbo soon as first one wears off, when/if second fbo wears off click oow robe and sod robe
-soon as a nuke is fired off and spell gems are blacked out clicky nuke/mod rod

if i know its going to be a fast fight, i'll keep casting ramp servant soon as gem pops, if its going to be a longer fight, i'll do servant on gom procs. i keep up a respective servant for each bolt in case the lower gom procs.

...anywho, if there are some other ways to improve on this please do tell :P, this is what i generally do on raids atm
eildydar

Post by eildydar »

does the OOW robe not work at the same time as FB? I always cast them at the same time am i missing something here?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

jack96jill wrote:buffed, fb'd water pet pocketed

on assist call
-unsuspend send in pet, get it on back side
-aa malo/big malo
-ramp servant
-host
-first spire and focus
-twincast
-jolt
-81 bolt
-76 bolt

-when first spire is up, i hit firecore, if twincast makes it up again i'll use intensity if i havent used it in place of first spire
-refresh fbo soon as first one wears off, when/if second fbo wears off click oow robe and sod robe
-soon as a nuke is fired off and spell gems are blacked out clicky nuke/mod rod

if i know its going to be a fast fight, i'll keep casting ramp servant soon as gem pops, if its going to be a longer fight, i'll do servant on gom procs. i keep up a respective servant for each bolt in case the lower gom procs.

...anywho, if there are some other ways to improve on this please do tell :P, this is what i generally do on raids atm

I'd make a few changes; Servant of Ro before host (fast cast and it's just one pet vice the dozen for host), also; what's your reasoning for using 76 bolt instead of fickle? I find Fickle to be more damage, and it'd free up an additional spell gem cause you wouldn't need the SoF garg pet. In addition, getting the aa nuke (name escapes me atm) and working that into your multibind key would be additional DPS.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

ive parsed 1.2mildmg@8.4kdps before on bb raid before.

Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

eildydar wrote:does the OOW robe not work at the same time as FB? I always cast them at the same time am i missing something here?
While the dmg reduction from OoW robe should stack, the dmg modifiers do not so basically you are wasting the OoW robe click when used with FBO. Use 1, then the other when the 1st one fades.

You can pretty much keep your pet somewhat laced the entire duration of a fight these days. A pet suspended with FBO, FBO again once 1st one drops and 2 robe clicks at least for me is close to 7 mins of wreckage on pet. I never did get an OoW robe, however I have the TSS and the SoD group one. Those 2 are on different timers.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Tacoma2586 wrote:ive parsed 1.2mildmg@8.4kdps before on bb raid before.

I put up a personal best 1.55K mil dmg @7.5K+dps in 204 secs (no bard, ench, or 7th) on a BB raid earlier this week. We are not an overly high dps guild. I usually top parses and top 10 usually has 4 or 5 mages in it.
A few days ago we were like this.

1. Mage - me
2. Zerker
3. mage
4. mage
5. mage
This was on a BB hard IIRC.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

nice. i dont know if ive done more than 1.2mil since i rarely parse but gratz. sadly my guild only has 3 real mages who play on raids but only me parses top 10.

jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

what's your reasoning for using 76 bolt instead of fickle?
i had read or heard somewhere that weaving 81 and 76 bolt was better dps than 81 bolt and fickle, UNLESS, you had fickle rk3, which i dont..., pretty sure i dont have the type 3 for fickle either but i do for 76 bolt.

i dont use servant anymore, only have rank 1 and far as i can tell rank 1 doesnt do anything worthwhile. Though now that im running low on decent aa's to buy i'll probably look into maxing it out and try somehow to squeeze it into my crowded hotbars.

i was really close to breaking 10k dps on rot one day, i forget how much actual dmg :/, probably would have if i had da'd pet before enrage.

i dont see how you guys have 3-5 active mages o.O. even on joint raids with another guild, im usually the only one.