SOE looking for bugged AA...

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Bastler
Conjurer

SOE looking for bugged AA...

Post by Bastler »

HI all,

SOE is asking for nonworking/bugged AA of classes, so visit the forum and post our concerns.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=161436
Danille

Re: SOE looking for bugged AA...

Post by Danille »

Bastler wrote:HI all,

SOE is asking for nonworking/bugged AA of classes, so visit the forum and post our concerns.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=161436

If Divine Intervention AA is pressed/or on our pet and we press any other pet aa's that are blocked by DI, the timers lock in even though the AA has no effect.

Companion of Necessity: rank one works on up to 3 mobs mezzing up to two; rank two works on up to 2 mobs mezzing only one. I will never purchase rank two until this functionality is tweaked. IMHO additional ranks should increased the number of mobs effected and not decrease them.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Don't forget to mention Twincast and Servant too Dani, the more list it, the higher the chance it will be looked into. (I hope) :twisted:
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I brought that up about twin cast and rs pets. The answer it is a code change and would not be done at that time. We should press for it, but they know about it.

Calebe
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Elidroths comment on twincast specifically excluding swarm pets is troubling. Would be nice to get a straight answer whether its on the table or not, rather than individual devs giving contradictory opinions ><
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Malleria wrote:Elidroths comment on twincast specifically excluding swarm pets is troubling. Would be nice to get a straight answer whether its on the table or not, rather than individual devs giving contradictory opinions ><
It isn't contradictory at all. The fix for RS pets is beyond what Elidroth can do. He posted explicitly stating just that. It is a code change in the way the game casts swarm pets which is deep down in code and nothing to do with the aa. Twincast immediately recasts the spell you just cast and the code does not allow for simultaneous casting of pets. That would require a change in the game code itself, not the aa. Now, if the twincast aa wasn't firing at all, then he'd look into it. Also, this is a spell issue since we are talking about RS and not twincasting host or Servant of Ro. He is specifically working with AA's.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Danille wrote: If Divine Intervention AA is pressed/or on our pet and we press any other pet aa's that are blocked by DI, the timers lock in even though the AA has no effect.
This is no different than if you try to cast a spell (which is what hitting an aa actually is) on a DA'd player, so I don't see them changing it.
Danille wrote: Companion of Necessity: rank one works on up to 3 mobs mezzing up to two; rank two works on up to 2 mobs mezzing only one. I will never purchase rank two until this functionality is tweaked. IMHO additional ranks should increased the number of mobs effected and not decrease them.
I have rank 2, and it mezzes 2 mobs just fine...I have used it in Underquarry on the burynai several times doing just that.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Voragath wrote:
Malleria wrote:Elidroths comment on twincast specifically excluding swarm pets is troubling. Would be nice to get a straight answer whether its on the table or not, rather than individual devs giving contradictory opinions ><
It isn't contradictory at all. The fix for RS pets is beyond what Elidroth can do. He posted explicitly stating just that. It is a code change in the way the game casts swarm pets which is deep down in code and nothing to do with the aa. Twincast immediately recasts the spell you just cast and the code does not allow for simultaneous casting of pets. That would require a change in the game code itself, not the aa. Now, if the twincast aa wasn't firing at all, then he'd look into it. Also, this is a spell issue since we are talking about RS and not twincasting host or Servant of Ro. He is specifically working with AA's.
Actually it was Ngreth who explained the coding issue, and if you read at the end of his post he notes Elidroth says swarms are specifically excluded as though he wasn't aware of it. THAT is where my complaint comes from. Sklug has also in the past explained the code issue and said it's on the list of things to do for us. Another dev (I don't remember which, I think Rytan) confessed ignorance when I asked him about it. There seems to be NO communication between the devs on the subject, nor any overarching plan written down anywhere for mages that includes it. Every comment on it appears to be a devs personal opinion. And in the case of Ngreth and Elidroth, it's contradicting, with one suggesting swarm pet spells were *specifically* excluded from being twincastable and the other saying its an incidental problem from coding. So as I said, I'd like an official answer, not an opinion, on whether it's on the table.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Communication problem, yes. Twincast is originally a spell and RS is a spell. So, the spell guy, Rytan (or whomever) makes TC and says, ok, RS is a dd and I don't see a problem with TC working on RS so he codes TC to allow RS to be effected. But swarm pets were AA's before that and were coded to be cast singly by that dev. Rytan is unaware of this code restriction so does not mention it. The AA dev does not now TC works on RS so does not say anything to Rytan. So, it's not that they are contradictory, they are separate on issues and not talking about them. As far as Rytan is concerned, TC is supposed to work on RS and as far as Elidroth (now in charge of AA's) is concerned it should not because of the code issue. Whomever is above them should discuss it to see whether it is something they want and will try to fix. Ngreth knowing about the code issue tells me someone is talking about it and thus knows about it. Elidroth knows, Rytan knows, and Ngreth knows. Sounds like it's been put on the code list with low priority.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

You're not understanding what I'm saying :P . Elidroth is saying it was a specific design decision to not allow swarm pet spells to be twincasted, not an incidental code issue like the others. That is a problem, because it suggests it hasn't been discussed. And I haven't seen anything lately from a dev suggesting it has been put on the code list - all they do is acknowledge it's a code issue.