When to: UnderFoot?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

When to: UnderFoot?

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

what is the min lvl/gear thats absolutely required for going into an underfoot group? lvl 80 with defiant gear+ a few SoF and SoD non-visibles
if thats still just too low, what would it take? minimum that is.

whats a good way to upgrade from elegant defiant, to something that wont need upgraded again untill t3-t4 underfoot.. should i do OMMs? Or Boomerangs? and/or get the highest cultural i can get at 80-81ish? or is it faster another way (i.e. camping specific peices from nameds etc.) lol as if camping is faster.. heh

thanks

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Re: When to: UnderFoot?

Post by Tacoma2586 »

o yea unless you had a group of friends who are 85 and dont mind you in group. the only thing worth and can do at 80 in UF is the boomerang mms to get silver and gold tokens. from getting alot of those you can basically fill up you visable slots and class specific weapon. after that youll need to be 85 with like 1kaas. if your a caster you need a group for UF unless your a mage with atleast EM5-6pet focus and max pet aas. tank class you want atleast full t5 sod with best ac-hp augs. UF is not for the weak :)
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

For a mage it really doesn't matter if you can find a group go for it. I mean your dps may not be too competitive, but if someone's willing to give you a spot, just burn as hard as you can and ooc regen when you have to.

You can definitely better your gear with the boomerang tokens, but that stuff may be 85 required, not sure. Remember you can buy the silver ones in bazaar too...i'm guessing the prices for them will go down soon enough as the market saturates.
Vaddok

Post by Vaddok »

The boomerangs gear is 80 req and 85 rec.

Can pick up some nice items to get you thru until you start getting drops.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

then at 80 would you reccomend getting my boomerang stuffs before i continue? i was planning on going to Beza for a few lvls and try for the root/snare clickies.. boomerang stuffs certainly would help before i go. and...boomerangs dont give you exp do they?
thanks

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

MeatnPotatoes wrote:..... i was planning on going to Beza for a few lvls and try for the root/snare clickies..
Beza would be great EXP, but the root and snare clickies are very rare, and I find them nearly worthless. You will use them so rarely, you never have them handy when you actually could make use of it. Companion of necessity will get you out of many more jams than those root or snare clickies will. There are a couple augments from Beza that I did wear for a while though, 80/80 augs if I remember correctly.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

root/snare clickie for my bard.. i use bags of clickies all the time.. probably a bit too much even, lmao. i just love my clickies

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

MeatnPotatoes wrote:then at 80 would you reccomend getting my boomerang stuffs before i continue? i was planning on going to Beza for a few lvls and try for the root/snare clickies.. boomerang stuffs certainly would help before i go. and...boomerangs dont give you exp do they?
thanks

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
I'd strongly recommend getting Mech Guardian (instances). You will find the XP to be MUCH better than Beza instances. Trust me.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

yah trust him :p
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Beza is more of a 'lazy' zone, guardian is better xp but more annoying. Either way just do whichever you have more fun in, both are good.

The root/snare clickies can go in ammo slot, which is where I keep my root, don't use horse enough to leave bridle in there 24/7. I use it quite often, just pull 2 pop with aa malo, click root, good times. Root is 2min recast vs 15min on snare clicky. I will admit though, I haven't used the snare clicky more than once or twice in scenarios where I didn't have it planned out (ie I NEED this snared or I die).

Did robot enough to get shrink clicky and augs for just about all my alt army plus half the guild, haven't been back in almost a year, beza/zeka is much more laid back.

If you have a bard though, it would be fairly trivial to fade your way up to the head, can't remember if you can drag corpses though the portals... if not just merc rez mage corpse at the elevators and repeat. Then grab the IV Expediator and can click up to a relatively easy camp at celopetera with the 'good' xp mobs whenever you want to.

-nako/saryrn