Raid parses

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
wire
Elementalist

Re: Raid parses

Post by wire »

qibrme wrote:Am I correct in saying that your normal parses are Wiz, Ber, Rogue, Mage, Necro for DPS order?
We run mage heavy in our guild and normally have 3 mages in the top 10 on most fights with a mage normally in the top 3.
We're a pretty low DPS guild, but for our parses, I usually run away with scryers by over a million damage. The next highest is either another mage, necro, wiz or zerker. Sometimes it's close, it just depends on how aggressive the other people are being on that particular fight. For other fights, it typically alternates between a wizard and myself on top, and sometimes necros too; the rest of the top 5 is almost always casters... even with bards, our melee are several thousand DPS behind due to the length of our fights and the frequency with which we do them.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Triality being, well, Triality, it's completely fight dependent. We've probably got a solid 10 players that could top a parse that's good for their class. And that's what a lot of fights come down to these days: some classes are just far and away better for certain fights. Magicians are generally pretty good all around, but unless you're in a special situation, it should be rare you're topping a Parse in any current content. The class simply doesn't scale all that well and for long-term stuff, we just don't have the mana regeneration ability to hold out too long. (Though with the new bard songs, it's not so bad, but you have to have bards).

I'm fairly consistent in the 7 to 10 range for a lot of our parsable fights. There's a lot of fights that are really hard to guild parse, which skews the information set a lot. And there are fights where flat parsing data means nothing (think Zek Brothers). If I'm beating people I shouldn't, however, I do get on them. And I did top a Scryer's parse back in like January, but that was slightly a fluke (I burned everything and no one else had, so I was at a major advantage). Though that's probably the last time I'll see that for a long while. Actually, that's probably the only parse I've ever topped in Triality, on reflection.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Going along with what Mind said, the makeup of your group and raid, coupled with the intricacies of individual fights makes a heck of a difference. For example, my raid group is almost always mage x 4 (substitute a wizard or 2 occasionally depending on turnout) with a druid and an enchanter. I get a bard about 5% of the time, and a shammy once in a blue moon. So I (and the other mages) tend to miss out on bard songs and lynx/champ for most of our fights (our RL thinks bards/shammies are better suited to the melee toons, and Club Fu is melee heavy right now). When I say melee heavy, we'll have, at most, 10 casters on for a 54 man raid.....we'll have almost as many rogues in total.

Back on to the lack comment, for the scryer fight, our rangers tend to do very well; more often that not they'll lead the parse with numbers around 12-14k. Wizards, rogues and us mages will be behind that, jockeying for slots in the 8-10k damage range. Course, that's not set in stone, necro's and the very rare zerker (who got lucky as all getout with crits) have led that particular parse. It's all just a matter of group makeup, fight length, and getting the RNG to actually work with you for a change (not counting 7th, glyphs, or any of the myriad of other little factors)
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Checked my logs for our time on Scryers.

The low is 88 seconds and high was 127 with the majority of the fights i had logged in the 114 second range.

I know we can do better and i do understand that it is easier to get high DPS numbers over 45 seconds than triple that time.

That being said we are still doing good since our guild raids are public and we allow anyone with the level, AA's and flags to raid with us, so our make up for each fight is always different.

We have approx 130 active raiders that swap out depending on nightly attendance an have that many more people to share loot and gear up as a total raiding force.

Anyway we beat the expansion about three months ago (only raid force on the server to do it so far :) )and we are farming to get ready for Underfoot.

So it can't be all that bad.

We will get better and you guys have given us some targets to shoot for... Thx for the great feedback

Suediwenae...
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I am in a pretty casual raiding guild (we have beaten Tier 1 SoD and all but Prototype in MMM, and are starting to work on other SoD events), and I consistently parse at #1 in my guild. Granted, Falino is one of if not the best geared caster in the guild, and very few others in my guild have the AAs I do. Usually it's me and a couple wizards that parse well above just about everyone else.

I can get above 6k on Stop the Ascension, I'm not sure exactly what my top number is, but I don't think I've ever hit 7k.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Are you using 1st spire and/or 7th? Makes a difference.
I can put out 6K dps and my gear is nowhere even close to yours.

I usually do the double FBO thing on my air pet, since it's usually the pet I have up and like to have with all buffs for after raids. I also use the TSS robe. Lost 2 rolls (to a SK) on the OoW one last time we killed OMM, and Veliktorin refuses to drop the lesser version for me.

My fire focus is 65% - 80 so not anything stellar.

You must be missing some dmg somewhere.
Sill -

Kill Tiorpat in RCoD. I killed him a couple times - once for the robe drop and once for grins. He dropped the piece each time. Probably RNG but at least you'll have an additional source target.

Good luck.

Bara
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Baramos wrote:
Kill, kill, kill. I killed for grins.
Bara
:lol: /wave Bara :lol:

Where you been mage?

Stop by and raid some time... or just say hi.

Suediwenae...
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Baramos wrote: Sill -

Kill Tiorpat in RCoD. I killed him a couple times - once for the robe drop and once for grins. He dropped the piece each time. Probably RNG but at least you'll have an additional source target.

Good luck.

Bara
Tried him too. Relatively easy kill but hard to find up.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

qibrme wrote:I know we can do better and i do understand that it is easier to get high DPS numbers over 45 seconds than triple that time.
Indeed!

Head Scryer Oomk on 17/09/2009 in 47sec

Malleria + pets
--- DMG: 834864 (100%) @ 17763 dps (17763 sdps)
--- Special: G

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2

New high :) /brag off
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Malleria wrote:
qibrme wrote:I know we can do better and i do understand that it is easier to get high DPS numbers over 45 seconds than triple that time.
Indeed!

Head Scryer Oomk on 17/09/2009 in 47sec

Malleria + pets
--- DMG: 834864 (100%) @ 17763 dps (17763 sdps)
--- Special: G

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2

New high :) /brag off

Have not used Glyphs and am at 6.5yrs.

So come on 7th yr.

Big time gratz Malleria.

Looking a the numbers you must have crit every cast.

All I can say is WOW!

Sued...