Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: Wired: Multibinding Your Way to More DPS

Post by jack96jill »

bump :lol:
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Can we just get this moved to the library and stickied?
atco777

Post by atco777 »

Need some help guys, ive set up my keys exactly as you said, I have my first 4 spell gems kinked to the NUMPAD 1 key, but when i keep pressing the key it will only cast the spell in the first slot, it will not skip over it and cast the second or third etc.....it just waits for the first spell to refesh then it will cast that spell again.....am i doing something wrong?
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

atco777 wrote:Need some help guys, ive set up my keys exactly as you said, I have my first 4 spell gems kinked to the NUMPAD 1 key, but when i keep pressing the key it will only cast the spell in the first slot, it will not skip over it and cast the second or third etc.....it just waits for the first spell to refesh then it will cast that spell again.....am i doing something wrong?
Eq does not like the number pad to do anything except cast spell gems.
I think the default is NUM PAD 1 = SPELL GEM 1, NUM PAD 2 = SPELL GEM 2, etc.
Try binding to a letter on your keyboard that is not used for ANYTHING else.

Mine is 'X' and works fine for spells and AA's on the weave.

Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

How are you getting it to choose the AA's?
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

or you can use the regular numbers at the top of the keyboard those work fine too
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

svenalo wrote:How are you getting it to choose the AA's?
In the UI there is also an option to change the hotbar keys, so you can have force of elements in hotbar 1 slot 1 and remap that key to your same multibind key you have the spell gems on. Spells will always fire before hotbar buttons. For example I have 'F' as my multibind key, mapped to spell gems 1-4 and hotbar 1, slot 1 (which is force of elements), so the first time I press it jolt is cast (gem 1), then force of elements during the refresh, then bolt, then fickle, etc.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Ah...ok, will do that. Thanks!
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

atco777 wrote:Need some help guys, ive set up my keys exactly as you said, I have my first 4 spell gems kinked to the NUMPAD 1 key, but when i keep pressing the key it will only cast the spell in the first slot, it will not skip over it and cast the second or third etc.....it just waits for the first spell to refesh then it will cast that spell again.....am i doing something wrong?
Atco, did you find a solution to this? A guildy was trying to set up a multibind using the X key and is having this exact same issue. We were both too tired last night to really extensively troubleshoot the issue, but if you found a solution, please, do share. :)
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

qibrme wrote:
Eq does not like the number pad to do anything except cast spell gems.
I think the default is NUM PAD 1 = SPELL GEM 1, NUM PAD 2 = SPELL GEM 2, etc.
Try binding to a letter on your keyboard that is not used for ANYTHING else.

Mine is 'X' and works fine for spells and AA's on the weave.

Sued...
hehe it was answered in the following post...:P, move your multibind off the numberpad, personally i use f1 and f2