Aion

Anything about anything goes here.
Daiou
Conjurer

Re: Aion

Post by Daiou »

Nelith wrote:Well, friend let me use one of his accounts for Aion last night.

It's like Lineage II with wings and battlegrounds from WoW.

He's gonna take me on a dungeon crawl tonight or tomorrow, but I don't think it's gonna do it for me. Just too...Final-Fantasy-like.

And jebus. The questing system is so unchallenging and unimaginative it hurts. At least with WoW you have to intentionally install QuestHelper to get the location info and directions and such.

The combat animations are great, and I really like the concept of chaining skills/spells. To me, it's kinda like EQ's recourse system. It definitely gives a better feel than "/autoattack /afk".

The flight is lame. I have to say, it's totally lame. Restricting it to an area and restricting the time you can fly is totally, totally lame.

That's their whole hook for this game, and you can only use it in one aspect of the game.

Also, it feels like everything is so homogeneous. Character design aside, there are only 2 races and 4 base classes, with total of 8 classes after specialization. That's just too scant for me.

I got to test out a Sorcerer at level 30, and built a warrior from scratch, and will maybe try a Ranger at 30 also.

But, I have to say, I think I'll be back to WoW where at least I can goof around with RL friends.
x2

There is little to no GM help/support/law inforcement. With that add the gold farmers that render named killing impossible (every named is camped 24/7), the spam in general from said farmers is mind boggling and now there is a big account hacking problem. Not to mention the traditional camp stealing, KSing and training, Oh my!

I give it a 1/2 star out of 5. Not worth the trouble/time to install.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Re: Aion

Post by Nelith »

Lol, yeah, so my friend who was desperately trying to recruit me to this game has quit and uninstalled. Took him about 2 weeks longer than it took me to see it was a flaming pile.