DC Pulling?

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Bastler
Conjurer

DC Pulling?

Post by Bastler »

During the discussion about how to make HA useless over at SOE boards, there was a very whiny necro bitching about Mages doing DC pulls.
Seems I missed something, what is a DC pull how does/did it work ? Apparently it has connected to:
- Corrected an issue that previously prevented NPCs from correctly calling for help when taking very low amounts of damage.
Will anybody enlighten me please. :D
Danille

Re: DC Pulling?

Post by Danille »

A class that can FD and has some of the best pulling tools in the game is whining about mages pulling?
No clue what a DC pull is. DC stands for?
Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

It stands for disease cloud. Im not sure what the necro was talking about as it was a nerf to SK and necro pulling with their low level dot. Basically disease cloud a mob and it does a very low lvl dot to that mob. FD after you cast, then once the mobs have reset you could stand up, and only aggro the mob you originally cast DC on even if he was still in a pack of mobs.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Bastler wrote: ....there was a very whiny necro bitching about Mages doing DC pulls.....
I think it must have been the same whiny necro that made reference to mages' "COH antics" as if it were some type of an exploit we are using, and he could not believe it had not been "fixed" yet.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Necros shouldn't be complaining about anything. :P
They have incredible DPS on long fights, all kinds of utility, can FD, snare, root. . .
Had a mini-raid going in UF almost wipe. The necro FDs, waits for mobs to go away, rezzes the cleric, and we are all back up again instead of having to summon corpses and fight our way back in.
On a recent raid, think it was Pallorax, a rogue linked his parse and I was #1 with 2.3 mil dmg. Then the necro linked his parse, showing him at 3.3 mil dmg.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

DC (Disease Cloud) is specific to SKs and Necros so that necro blabbing has no idea WTH he/she is talking about. The nerf the HA came as a result of the fix to said DC pulling. They were actually working very similar to each other and albeit very sad for rangers, fixing the way DC works had the by product of nerfing HA.

Also, I agree with Zac. Necros have no reason to whine about anything. We recently had a retired necro return and even with his way outdated gear and spells immediately jumped into the top 10 on the parsing list. The amount of dps they can pump out in a mid-long fight is absolutely ridiculous along with all the other crap they do. I am not saying they are overpowered, but they should not be whining about any of the other classes.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Yeah he really needed some cheese to his whine. :roll: