Wired: A Weave Falls Underfoot

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: Wired: A Weave Falls Underfoot

Post by Mindrix »

From what I've seen, lots of Prathun-style raiding. Means if specs are even on Full burn, Evoc will still be better over the totality, just not necessarily by much. After we've seen the fights and know how effective RmS in them, we'll have a better idea. Until then, I wouldn't switch specs, just yet.

Something to sit down and do if figure out, with all AAs + items, which RmS is actually the most efficient.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:Sued, we actually have a 4 page long thread on these 2 augs on our boards (under the Spells section). Which can be located here: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... ?f=6&t=374

Hope that helps. :D
Thx much Piemastaj!!!

LDoN here I come.

Sued...
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Mindrix wrote:From what I've seen, lots of Prathun-style raiding. Means if specs are even on Full burn, Evoc will still be better over the totality, just not necessarily by much. After we've seen the fights and know how effective RmS in them, we'll have a better idea. Until then, I wouldn't switch specs, just yet.

Something to sit down and do if figure out, with all AAs + items, which RmS is actually the most efficient.
Took about 4 to 5 hours of real time to change specs and max them out again so if Conj does not work out better, I will switch back to Evoc with no problem.

Sued...
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

If we are going to rely even more on swarm pets I wish we could get some more control over them like a swam pet "focus"/"ghold". I'm not sure what the best way to implement it is. Maybe just have them attack whatever your main pet is attacking.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

^^ honestly that is probably the easiest answer from our end. Just have the swarm attack the same target as the main pet. Have hold/ghold/and focus work on the swarm the same as the main pet.
Laeaddor

Post by Laeaddor »

Please don't ask for swarm pets to only follow main pet. There are many times when the RS pet's forte is grabbing aggro on an add. Or DPSing on the group or raids main target while pet isdoing the offtanking. Someminimal control like /swarm attack or hold is verydesirable, but I wouldn't want myhands tied to one target.
talerenbloodsong

Post by talerenbloodsong »

When I'm soloing and I have more than 1 mob, I stick the swarm pet on an add. Please oh please, don't tie it specifically to our main pet.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Indeed, I also use RS to offtank adds. Quite effective, plus when the main pet's target dies you have a softened target to finish off next.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Easy answer (not sure how easy to have it happen though), have RS attack what you sent it on, once it's target is dead it will assist main pet.
This way we can off tank with it just like before but instead of it going idle the remainder of its life it assists.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

RS is a great off tank, and I use it for that on any adds when grouped but mainly solo. Nothing better then with the new aa's sending in 1 RS, then a second one and not worry for a bit as you kill the 1st mob, and cast a new rs as needed.

Never tie it in with any other pet. Should it assist the main pet if it's target dies. That would be useful, but seeing how pet hold got so messed up with changes to benefit the few over the many, I say leave it alone. If you want to take a hit to have it engage go for it, but otherwise, it works well the way it is. The pet doesn't last long enough to worry about redirecting it, and with the AA's to shorten the cast time it isn't like you will be without one for long anyway.

Calebe