Fire Pet Improvements -- Let FBO work

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
qibrme
Conjurer

Fire Pet Improvements -- Let FBO work

Post by qibrme »

Back in the days when no one used Fire Pets, it might not have mattered.
However, with the "FIX", the Fire Pet has become my pet of choice in a lot of situations, not the least of which is the out of the box readiness when a primary pet dies during fights.
The other three pets can have their DPS increased for short periods when the FBO AA is activated.
I think that our Fire Pets should have their spell casting rate increased by the same percentage that pet melee hits are increased when the FBO AA is activated.

Not sure how and when the wish list will get to the DEV's this BETA season, but I believe this would be good for the mage class.

Suediwenae...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Fire Pet Improvements -- Let FBO work

Post by Piemastaj »

I think this would be a great idea to implement.

I don't think it should necessarily come from FBO, because it is mainly used as a meleeing AA. But maybe give our pets a Firecore type of Alt activated AA so they can do increased spell dmg.

Just my 2cp. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: Fire Pet Improvements -- Let FBO work

Post by Mindrix »

Fire Pet gets 0 changes from any player effects to its spell casting, at the moment. This is a code issue. That code would have to be changed for that to work.