Parked at 71 to AA

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Eeger

Parked at 71 to AA

Post by Eeger »

Figured now is a good of time as any to start AAing. thought I'd get the critical AAs before proceeding and being looked at like a gimp. At the moment getting 12% per kill in CoD, figure it's good seeing as I basically run through mobs.

However, if I intend on soloing the majority of the time... what are some key AA I should be getting?

I have:
Gift of Radiant Mana
Run Speed
Advanced Pet Discipline 1/2
Elemental Alacrity (Flurry) 2/17
Persistent Minion

I'd refer to the guide at the bottom, however it's 4+ years old :D
[81 Grand Summoner (Magician)] Eeger Beever (Gnome) <Callidus> Zone: Sanctus Seru
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Re: Parked at 71 to AA

Post by Firen Fury »

personally id get all the pet AAs you can, then the nuke AAs... and then id get some defensive AAs (or maybe get some defensive AAs sooner if you get hit a lot)... but id also make sure i got the really cool AAs like invis and lev... gotta throw in a fun AA from time to time while you grind the important ones.

water elemental illusion helps you med faster too so maybe throw a few AAs at that real fast.
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

As a basic rule of thumb, I usually do personal dps, then pet dps, pet defense, then utility. However if you are going to be soloing most of the time, I'd go pet defense, pet dps, personal dps, utility, then personal defense.
Personal defense (outside of shield block) is last for me and at over 1500 AA's much of mine still hasn't been done because whether I'm soloing, grouping or raiding, if I'm getting hit I'm doing something wrong or another class isn't doing what they are supposed to.
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Sillaen wrote:[...] or another class isn't doing what they are supposed to.
Which happens all too often.

If i remember correctly i did my dps then pet survivability, pet dps, pet heal AAs, silent casting (but not all the way through, i'm at 3000+ AAs and i still didn't max that but the first few ranks are gold) and AA pets. Although personal defense AAs are not "OMG im teh 1337 !!11!" It will save you. Try to work em in there w/o making them a huge priority.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

I have to agree with getting some CA/CS...probably after you've gotten 1500+ AA's. It can mean the difference from getting one rounded to having a couple extra seconds for the tank to re-acquire agro and save your bacon.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Speaking of Defense, Remember to stand in and melee on LBs to get defensive (and offensive) skills up.

I did it in CT awhile back, then later at the weakened Elementals in Brine. I usually do it right at the beginning of an expansion when the weak MOBs are still LB.

Bara