85 and months to AA

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: 85 and months to AA

Post by qibrme »

Fortress Mechanous is normally empty these days as is Beza.

I farmed AA's there at level 80 without a merc np...avg 6+ per lesson burn.

No merc = much better exp for you.

At level 85 when doing elementals or constructs, I load up the current and previous anti-summon spells along with the current and previous RS spells for when GoM procs on the old Anti-summoned nuke.

No merc needed there with 81 air pet, easy single pulls and kills are fast.

Promised Rejuv for the times when you get 2 mobs at once.

Suediwenae...
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I can typically get 6+ per lesson burn in a beza instance solo with next to no low AA bonus. Looking back though I should have stuck at 81 and cleaned house in Splitpaw for aa's. One trick with racking up the aa's as fast as possible is to burn hard as fast as possible then OOC regen. Typically I will burn a bar of mana per 8 minutes and get 2 aa's then regen back to full, rinse repeat. Something else to keep in mind is although the minotaurs aren't clockworks they are worth more aaxp per kill; not a lot more but enough to kill them rather than dropping an instance and getting a new one.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Redius wrote:
Sillaen wrote:How many AA's are we talking about per lesson burn in MG? I went there a couple of times and was not impressed.

Even to this day, when I lesson burn, I go back to good ole Katta elementals. I can still get 5-6 AA's per lesson on those buggers if I push it.

I've had 15-18 aa burns in MG with a monk or SK, myself, and 2 merc clerics.....mass pulling 5-10 at a time. For those kind of groups i'll drop the AtA line and just chain beam spells into the mass of mobs.
MG? Named Beetle?

Is the named beetle place you're talking about the Farm in DSK?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I think he is talking about The Mech Guardian that roams around. The named beetle should be Cleopatra, which is at the very top of the mech guardian instance. Basically the best spot for exp b/c that floor has a good amount of mobs and they are close together. The beetle drops that 30AC aug also iirc.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Piemastaj wrote:I think he is talking about The Mech Guardian that roams around. The named beetle should be Cleopatra, which is at the very top of the mech guardian instance. Basically the best spot for exp b/c that floor has a good amount of mobs and they are close together. The beetle drops that 30AC aug also iirc.
the actual mobs' name is Coleoptera Assault Sweeper, Coleoptera Mechanical Beetle Eye is the aug, and yes, it's a 30 AC aug.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=27606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the mob

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=70816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the aug

*also drops the chest base item for SoF group armor.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Ahhh, I've never heard it called MG before and have probably only been there 6 or 7 times for quests and augments.

Thanks!