earth pet rooting?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
baldysm
Trial Member

earth pet rooting?

Post by baldysm »

I'm returning after a couple years off and having switched to a bard as a main char.

I just got my 89 earth pet. Earth pets have rooted in the past and this one doesn't. I have been hunting in Korafax and was kinda looking forward to the root to stop runners.

Did things change or do I need to do something to activate earth pet rooting?

Thanks!
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: earth pet rooting?

Post by Tweelis »

The default for pets is to proc automatically. The only thing I can think of is your pet is casting but the mobs are resisting. Try hitting all the mobs with malo, heck maybe even pull with malo* and see if that changes things.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Also, Make sure you have pet casting turned on in your pets option window.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Earth pet will not necessarily stop the mob's "death march". It does cast root, every 2 ticks?, but that root breaks easily and is often resisted. Mobs don't attack anymore once on their death march, but they will begin attacking again if they get rooted. Sometimes the mobs death march may be straight toward your group, mob gets rooted with a player in melee range, and mob will start to melee an often unsuspecting player.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

dorfillya wrote:Earth pet will not necessarily stop the mob's "death march". It does cast root, every 2 ticks?, but that root breaks easily and is often resisted. Mobs don't attack anymore once on their death march, but they will begin attacking again if they get rooted. Sometimes the mobs death march may be straight toward your group, mob gets rooted with a player in melee range, and mob will start to melee an often unsuspecting player.
Thats why i like air the stun and the higher dps then earth.
But my plan is to try out the watter to higen the dps even more...