Fortify Companion Falling Off In <3 Min

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Fortify Companion Falling Off In <3 Min

Post by Piemastaj »

I said we sent PMs to Chandrok about getting pet focus added to T2 earring, and you said 'who's we?'. That can be read many ways. I took it as you were upset like I was not including you or something, which it can be seen as that. Generally people ask that type of question when they think they are not included.

And also my first response in serverwide was if you had spoken to Eli yet, you chose to not respond to that but respond to the Chandrok statement. Pirlo asked what was wrong with Fort actually.

Like I said it doesn't really matter, but I asked the question maybe 5min before your question and you didn't answer it. Would have saved some time possibly, altho I had to discuss something else with Eli also so probably not.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

Eli's answer isn't very sincere, tbh. From what I recall it was never meant to be a damage shield mitigation AA alone back when it was added, and the other effects make that answer illogical because had they wanted to make it a damage shield mitigation AA, they just needed to put mitigate damage shield 80% and be done with it. It is illogical to increase the rune % and rune amount to improve a damage shield mitigation AA.

But I understand the gist of what he's saying, and I think I know why he gave you that answer. Oh wells, thanks for trying.
Last edited by Gnomeland on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Did not see the earlier question. I would have responded had I seen it. I just happened to look at mage chat while getting ready to leave and was curious to the we statement. I don't have to worry about any inclusion or not. I'm acutely aware of what's happening behind the scenes; I just wasn't sure if you meant "mages" or "pet classes" or "the eq community." If I was wanting to be mean or I was being upset, I would certainly have had something to say after your answer. All I wanted was your answer, you gave it, I was satisfied. So, I /ex'd and went to a baseball game.

I also would have posted sooner about Eli's response but he was very late in responding to me and I didn't have time to post. It didn't help that the team took 14 freaking innings to lose making my posting even later than normal.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Gnomeland wrote:Eli's answer isn't very sincere, tbh. From what I recall it was never meant to be a damage shield mitigation AA alone back when it was added, and the other effects make that answer illogical because had they wanted to make it a damage shield mitigation AA, they just needed to put mitigate damage shield 80% and be done with it. It is illogical to increase the rune % and rune amount to improve a damage shield mitigation AA.

But I understand the gist of what he's saying, and I think I know why he gave you that answer. Oh wells, thanks for trying.
Yeah, he was extremely adamant about improving the AA. I think the other parts of that AA are just a bonus to help out. It is suspicious to have the rune amounts so high but who knows why it's there; also suspicious is why the damage shield mitigation at all. I'm with you, it's possible that it's getting a little too powerful and bumping it might go farther than the devs want.

I'm still hoping Aristo can make our pets tank a little bit better on their own next expansion. Last beta, he was getting there so I'm hoping to continue that for next beta. That way, we won't need to depend on things like Fortify.

Finally, your welcome. It isn't the last chance for us to visit this AA. Minds do change over time ;)