pets and OOC regen

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Kitten
Trial Member

pets and OOC regen

Post by Kitten »

well it seams pets have an ooc regen issuse that i have noticed and others have too i on a whim made my pet sit and it seamed to regen much faster so does that mean that pets need to sit too for ooc regen and if so that means pets if they are sitting will not follow owners but then as pie will say whats that matter with the summon aa...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: pets and OOC regen

Post by Voragath »

I noticed something wonky with pets and regen too and I'm glad it wasn't just me. I'm assuming you are discussing the normal servers and not Fippy or Vulak.

If you make your pet sit for regen, which is really all about health anyway and can be shored up with a PR or a couple of cheap heal spells, then summon aa is your route to go. If you are constantly on the move, it's probably better just to hit pet with some heals now and then.

It's probably only really going to be felt when truly solo: just you and pet. With a merc or a group, someone is probably picking up your pet heals and you needn't worry about it.

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not and I'm working on finding out.
Last edited by Voragath on Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Not too big of a deal I guess. I hadn't noticed because I don't wait for ooc when soloing. I just slap a PR and move along. Wish I had had some more time to play this double xp weekend (I seem to always miss them somehow), but I did get a couple of hours in last night. I managed to nab 27 AA's on a lesson burn solo 90/10 split. Not too shabby I thought.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Kitten wrote:well it seams pets have an ooc regen issuse that i have noticed and others have too i on a whim made my pet sit and it seamed to regen much faster so does that mean that pets need to sit too for ooc regen and if so that means pets if they are sitting will not follow owners but then as pie will say whats that matter with the summon aa...
Yea I would say use an AA that has virtually no recast and it brings your pet to you, I understand how horrible that sounds.

Pets do indeed need to sit for OOC regen, they do not do so just standing around. I am unsure if this is intended or just overlooked by Aristo, but it is largely a non-issue for probably 90% of Mage's, I only notice it when I am grinding AAs with no merc.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I personally blame vora...

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:I personally blame vora...

Savil
I see nothing can be kept secret around here... :lol:
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

In all seriousness tho vora, what was the excuse given for OOC on pets being broken? When are they going to get off their asses and start fixing all the things they have broken on mage pets? Its pretty stupid to have pets that do 1/2 their old DPS (don't have exact numbers) and regen'ing slow as hell.

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Not even sure when it started. I haven't solo'd exclusively with my pet since SoD came out with mercs (though not because of mercs) so I just recently noticed. I asked about it in mage channel then and no one really noticed either. Originally, in TSS, they were supposed to sit to get ooc just like everyone else so maybe people who had noticed when it changed just figured they had fixed it. Maybe it was never broken and pets weren't in ooc, just their hp pools were never so large that their natural regen couldn't keep up.

It could be that they never were meant to hit ooc without sitting.

I'm still waiting for word on whether or not it's intended behavior.