New AA's for Next Expansion:

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Danille

Re: New AA's for Next Expansion:

Post by Danille »

Voragath wrote:
Danille wrote:Regarding pet swap. It is not as difficult as it was b4 now that merc swap has been added to the game.
If you think about it. Mercs are still coded differently than PCs and NPCs. The same code that allowed the functionality for mercs to be suspended and switched could easily allow a 2nd tab to be added to the pet window, just like the merc window with 4 possible pets. Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Fully buffed, timelocked, and available.
Mercs are completely separate from pet code. So completely separate. Calling mercs pets and saying they are the same thing, is like calling a powerwheel a car. It just isn't.

Pet swap needs a pet code overhaul. Period. If they do overhaul the code, we'll get it because it's on the list of "if x ever happens, then so must y."
Sorry but Elidroth directly told me (no hearsay) the code was now in the game, do to merc swaps, to eventully make pet swap a reality when I was at Fan Faire last year
Domaa Klein

Post by Domaa Klein »

I would love pet swap something like the mercs spend more aa's to open extra pet slots. /drool

With the above pipe dream i would also like a pet ui window so i can swap his gear in and out LOL /em passes the pipe to the left.

On a more serious note what about another line to suspend minion that lets us keep a pet suspended though death?

Group coth hour reuse?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Danille wrote:
Voragath wrote:
Danille wrote:Regarding pet swap. It is not as difficult as it was b4 now that merc swap has been added to the game.
If you think about it. Mercs are still coded differently than PCs and NPCs. The same code that allowed the functionality for mercs to be suspended and switched could easily allow a 2nd tab to be added to the pet window, just like the merc window with 4 possible pets. Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Fully buffed, timelocked, and available.
Mercs are completely separate from pet code. So completely separate. Calling mercs pets and saying they are the same thing, is like calling a powerwheel a car. It just isn't.

Pet swap needs a pet code overhaul. Period. If they do overhaul the code, we'll get it because it's on the list of "if x ever happens, then so must y."
Sorry but Elidroth directly told me (no hearsay) the code was now in the game, do to merc swaps, to eventully make pet swap a reality when I was at Fan Faire last year
If something like this is a reality would a line of aa's that allow one pet per pocket with multiple pockets. Not a swap per se but having the ability to say have 4 pets pocketed with one active pet would be sweet. This might be overpowered (still on my first cup of coffee here so this might not make sense) or open to exploits but it would be really nice IMO.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I am pretty sure the ground work is done for something like a Pet Swap ability because of how mercs function. I said ground work, meaning that the feature is in-game right now so it can possibly be mutated to work on pets. But I doubt it is anywhere near ready to work on pets, simply because the ground work being done on regular code is nothing like it being done for Pet Code.

Would like if the Conversation moved towards newer and or improved ideas for our current AAs.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Elemental Union: OLD: 45-95%-NEW:50 to 105 or 110%. Basically I would love for this line to increase to where our current Fire Core line is at. I am unsure if it will get there, but it would be a great increase to our sustained.

Fire Core: OLD: 50 to 110%-NEW: 60 to 125%. The low-end modifier on it might be a stretch, but we should be able to get the top-end. I also want to see the Vapor Core new spell DMG focus added into Fire Core. I truthfully did not notice the mod on Vapor Core until after Beta, or else I would have lobbied for it like I did Elemental Union.

Virulent Talon: This AA still has me stumped on its true purpose. IMHO it would serve us better if we changed it to a true Burn ability, or a true sustained ability. If it were to become sustained it would need to be something like 15k ( I am talking for next expansion here, not this one), with at least 60 counters on it, probably closer to 120. For it to become a Burst AA I am thinking 35 to 40k, keeping everything else the same.

An addition to Virulent Talon: I would like to get a chance to proc a debuff on the mob. When the mob has this debuff it increases Virulent Talons proc by X amount. Ideally with more Mages this will allow for more procs ect, less Mages less procs. If it were in-game now, our pet would proc for say 40k (slightly under double the DMG). Have the debuff chance set at like 5%.

Hastened Virulent Talon: Each rank decreases the re-use time of this AA by 1 minute. Get 3 ranks.

Frenzied Burnout: On top of the changes I asked for above. I would like to see Increase Chance to hit by 20% with all skills. Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 180% at least (Beastlords have 200% on this mod already).

Gather AA: We need another way to get back a chunk of mana. I would imagine we start at 7k and work our way up.

DA:We could use a personal DA that has like a 10 or 15 minute re-use. Nothing game-breaking, but it would be a very nice tool to have in case things go bad.

Servant's Fury: While active, all servants conjured by the caster will do an increased amount of damage. I got this idea from Swift DoTs so to speak. A big issue is it takes us a lot of ramp up time which cuts into Burst DMG. I am hoping to get this AA to increase all our servants Damage out-put by 100% (or double their current DMG). Have it like a 1 or 2 minute timer, with somewhere b/t 10 to 15 min refresh. This would basically be like Twincast for our Garg pets that we have wanted since SoD.

Barrier of the Elements: 1.2 mil Melee and Spell rune. Increases Critical Direct Damage by 150%. When this wears off it does a 20k DD to us. This would essentially be a DA, but we can cast through it. Very similar to Embalmer's Carapace.

Will be adding more in a bit.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:
Voragath wrote:

Yes, and at Fan Faire they are away from their notes. Turns out that the info from Fan Faire was completely erroneous. Something along the lines of what PJ said is what the reality is.

Back to AA's please.
Last edited by Voragath on Fri May 04, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

some ideas, just bored and brainstorming

1. an innate aa that heals our pet on DD cast like the chaotic assistant spell line
2. something innate that makes our pets special attacks stronger, ie stun, backstab, root, ds (fire pet)
3. split minion aa that lets us use our suspended minion also for a short time, giving us 2 actual pets
4. polymorph minion, 4 types, lets us swap pet 'type' without rebuffing, arming etc. limited time maybe
5. aa that lets our pets take other forms of mobs in zone
6. minions vortex, lets pet ignore all dodge, parry, defensive mods for a short time
7. mages blight - innate aa that sends pie and vora a tell to thank them for their work
8. companions mirror - lets us take shape of our pets and melee dps
9. re do third spire for something useful - like double garg casting
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I would like an upgrade to host in a shell. Absorb more damage and an AA to reduce it's reuse time would be nice.

Add 1 more rune hit to Aegis AA.

As said by others new AA rod, maybe with 10,000 12,500 and 15,000 mana returned. Double what we get now.

The long awaited AA so mages get even more mana back from rods we make. Any status on that?

Calebe
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

Drape of Shadows tier 2/3/4: allow to be cast without pet up, add invis&ivu, make instant cast

CoTH tier 3/4/5: reduce recast time by 2 seconds per (realize can't reduce cast time to less than 6 seconds, unfortunately, or would like that in addition)

Activated AA that removes the global recast timer for 60 seconds, 20 min reuse, 30% increase to mana usage. Here is our burst ability, similar to wiz PD, but allows us to use RS pet, etc.

Call Hither 4/5/6: make it actually usable from a decent distance, and actually drop agro for the one being called

Hastened Arcane Whisper 1/2/3/4/5: reduce by 3 min per rank to get down to 15 min recast

Companion's Relocation 2: make instant cast, or .1 second

Improved Twincast 5/6: plz keep upgrading

Shield of Elements 6/7/8: Just make it a rune for all spell damage please, and one that is worthwhile (80% mitigation up to 1 mil damage ish).

Mnemonic Retention 5/6: It's about time again

Group CoTH

Blink ability

activated AA to pull mob to us, similar to SK hate's attraction, but without throwing the mob in the air, super fast recast (5 seconds ish), instant cast. Or get rid of pet push, or at least all swarm pet push. I am sick and tired of being told I can't use swarm pet on events that pets push the dang mob all over the place during raids.

Of course, I'd much rather get rid of pet push, but since that's obviously too overpowered... give us something to counteract it please. Yes, I got it, I don't really usually want to be in melee range of raid mobs usually, but getting really irritated that I guess other classes can't keep a mob in one spot with so much push, and being told to decrease my dps by a good chunk just because swarm pet push is so absolutely ridiculous.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

How about a 2 min AA that makes pets immune to spell damage?