Wind Nymphs in DSH at 76

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Miphon
Elementalist

Wind Nymphs in DSH at 76

Post by Miphon »

Was sitting in the guild lobby just prior to server shutdown last night with a pre-popped lesson and fully buffed pet. Gated into the DSH tower and proceeded to mow through the wind nymphs. Spire servant focused pet with 1.5 epic and ~400 AAs. Picked up 7 AAs in less than the full hour. Popped fresh lesson before logging off and repeated the effort this morning. Think I hit 8 AAs and ran out of nymphs. Also realised too late the pet had cold proc weapons which weren't landing on the nymphs, d'oh.

Nymphs dropped several spells and also picked up some melee shoulders from the named nymph. Can also do the brownie errand for another quick AA while you're there.
naltena
Elementalist

Re: Wind Nymphs in DSH at 76

Post by naltena »

I'm sorry but could you explain to me how you do this? I went there with a fully buffed air pet with minion of discord foci, and sent it. 3 of them came and proceded to lynch my beloved air pet. They run at the speed of light too, Did I just get a unlucky 3 pull? I really would like to kill them as I have a quest and I only need one more of their wings. But for me farm seems like a much safer place, even when i pull 3 of them they dont run and unless I pull a named with otu noticing they cant kill my pet before I kill them. ( I play with out mercs)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, the OP used Spire Servant which is far better than minion of discord. They were also using the epic and had 400 AA's. Do you have the epic? How many aa's do you have?
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

i have 464 and no epic :( but i am working on soloing it! but i will do it after the anniversary is done as im guessing there will be many opportunities for cool loot :)

I guess the epic stun proc does make a huge difference.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

I do have a J1 healer merc but am pretty sure she was suspended at the time. That said I probably had the buffs from the healer on my pet at the time. Using RS pet to offtank is crucial when you are dealing with multiples solo. Also, do you have Fortify Companion and Companion's Blessing? They are a big help in those situations.

My current standard set of pet buffs when dealing with 75 and under mobs is Burnout, damage shield, Calliav rune, Iceflame, Rathe aura, 1.5 epic and burning aura defensive proc. Under lesson burn I wouldn't worry about always re-applying Calliav unless I was about to do a multi pull, just for efficiency reasons.

For that burn another XP edge to give yourself is to do the following.

Bind yourself next to Qandiel in the tower. Get the quest The Moonfires' Burning Desires, head down to the nymphs, pop lesson and start the killing spree. Loot everything on the nymphs. With each Enchanted Collar that drops, gate back to Qandiel, hand in the Collar and get the quest again. Repeat until finished. Or you can save the Collars to loot afterwards if you can manage it without running into repops and not letting the Collars rot.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Getting the best focus you can should be mantra no.1 for any mage going solo. Beg, borrow or steal your way to an Energized Wire Coil/Kraxz' Earring of Command or find a Skull of the Spire Servant summoned item.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

I will try them again once the servers are up, I do use the skull of the spire servant as its one lvl higher than my current focus. I will also try to offtank with rs pet I've never done that I should learn to do it. Thanks for the tips I will follow them and I let you know how it goes :).
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

Wind Nymphs elemental?
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

No. You may find the camp is not quite as good currently if higher level players are taking on the Mechamatic Guardian. Just steer clear of that immediate area unless you want a 30k AE. That said I did do the camp a couple of time in the past few days for lesson burns and was making good inraods into levelling up to 78.