Firiona Vie

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Firiona Vie

Post by Goranothos »

I noticed that SoE is offering free transfers to FV. I also understand it's a one way trip. I know the special rules of FV have changed over the years, though I never really paid much attention. As I understand it, most (all?) items are tradeable? So, could a toon just waltz into the FV Bazaar and (if they had sufficient plat) outfit themselves in a suit of raid gear? Or, are there not enough guilds on FV actually raiding that they are selling such gear? I suppose I could create a toon on FV and go have a look. I'm guessing the server is very low population, or SoE wouldn't be offering the free transfer.....
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Firiona Vie

Post by Voragath »

I'm not sure about currently, even though I have seen people reference it recently, but it used to be raid gear was handed down. If you and I were in the same guild, you in SoD bp, me in UF bp, and I won the new tier 4 HoT bp, I'd give you the UF one and you'd give yours to someone else etc.

And, yes, if a guild didn't have that rule, you pretty much could just sell it in the baz and have someone waltz in and buy it. Not everything is tradeable as some things have restrictions, mainly LoN and marketplace stuff. Also, I think server transfer stuff becomes no trade and I'm not sure if you keep your plat.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

That makes sense. Thanks Voragath.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

No problem. Before you transfer, I'd suggest making a noob toon and asking the people about the most current gear and some other specifics. A one way transfer is obviously gonna require some careful planning ;)
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Or you could just toss a message to me due to the fact I play on FV in the only raiding guild on the server... :)

Almost all gear isn't no drop. While the rules in my guild say raid gear must be handed back in (when you upgrade) to be reused by others in the guild, its common to see a good block of raid gear in baz. This is due to a number of factors. Some "wineq" and sell all there gear and quit / reroll another toon (using the plat to regear, this is is very looked down on). Some server trans over and sell their gear.

The only active raiding guild on FV is Fire and Fury, atm FnF isn't taking on new mage apps unless you are very solid DPS (and even then it might be iffy) as we have 5 mages already. Server's population has improved a lot of late but is still below what many of the other servers are. For instance in SS / MC you might find 1 group in each on any average day.

While the server is marked RP, you could go a few weeks and never find somebody actually RP'ing. While a few RP only guilds still exist, they pretty much do there own thing. In other words were pretty much a standard blue server without the no drop gear.

Feel free to msg me if you have other questions about the server.

Savil
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Thanks for all the info. I was more curious than seriously considering a transfer. I often wondered what life was like on FV, but never created a toon there.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I thought of a couple of other questions.

How does the Trivial Loot Code work? If (for instance) I wanted to farm some tradeskill stuff off of grey con mobs, would they drop the loot?

How about communicating with other players? Is there no Common language? What about serverwide chat channels?
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

They mostly removed that stuff...

As for lang, most people speak elvish, now that so many have moved over, the general langs are here as well.

Savil
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

After 10+ years on Solusek Ro, who merged with Bristlebane, I have transferred all my toons to FV. All my plat went with me, and all my beauties (Earring of Living Slime, Manastone, etc.) also remained droppable.

Since then, I have pretty much obtained every single mage clicky that I always wanted but just could not get my hands on. I thought I was supremely lucky to actually have a Wristband of Secrets pre-transfer... then I saw one in the FV Bazaar for 1000pp... Got my Veil of Lost Hopes for 8k. Bone Earring of Evasion for 80k, rusty oil spitter for 300k, Etc.

The ONLY issue I have is that it seems that every boss mob is perma-camped. Most likely because the drops can be sold. Being that my main joy soloing EQ is now going and taking out old school raid mobs by myself, that makes it difficult. However I still seem to have a pretty darn good time when I log in and I'm really enjoying all these wonderful toys.

To some extent... the Bazaar Market "feels" more balanced than my previous server. There are actually items for sale that I want to buy, and they are within my price range. Additionally, I have a way to obtain them even soloing. (wasted a few Fabled's solo, then sold for cash to buy upgrades.)

I don't notice any less people online then what I saw on Bristlebane.

Finally, being able to buy/drop/sell quest items that on other servers are no drop is pretty darn rad.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Look me up sometimes, I'd be more than happy to group with you when I'm not raiding :)

Savil