new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: new stuff

Post by Savil »

If done right though it could be very powerful. Keep one buffed pet pocketed the make a second one. Normal buffs (iceflame, BO) then put this on them. When it explodes just bring out the pocketed pet for the duration of the fight. When the fight is over suspend your buffed pet, make a new pet with the minimal compliment of buffs again....rinse repeat.
No, its not. Its a great way to piss off buffing class's always having to rebuff a pet for you because you keep willingly killing them! HOW is that smart in any way at all? THE VERY LAST THING I WANT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BURN IS TO STOP FOR 3-5 SECS to POP a pet, put it on mob and reposition it!

Savil
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

/nod Savil

Not to speak of that annoying bug, which seems random, where your fully equipped and buffed pet appears naked and unbuffed when you unsuspend it. Happened to me twice within the couple of weeks where I have restarted playing.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:I PMed Eli just now. Sent the list out along with some other stuff I saw in mage chat or on the boards. Hopefully we can get some stuff done.
Voragath wrote:THanks, Sued. Got it. Now, time to see what, if anything, happens. If I get any type of response, I'll post about it here.
Not that I am impatient or anything. /foot tap... /foot tap.../foot tap... /foot tap...

These PM's were sent on 4/1/2011, It is now 4/5/2011...

Is there a time frame or is it as I think just random like :o WOW :o I should have played :shock: LOTTO :shock: today if you get a response :?:

Or do we wait for the update patches for the next 6 months and if any of our suggestions make it to LIVE , we throw a mage party :)

Sued...
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Double post due to lag
Danille

Post by Danille »

with over 200 soe employers laid off, dont hold your breath. Everyone is doing double duty
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

It once took Ngreth 2 weeks to get back to me just to say he forwarded one of my PM's. It can take awhile.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I PMed Eli on 3/17 about new AtA not procing Theft of Essence (it should next patch fyi) and did not get a reply back until 3/24. So, yea I would give it a week or two with the layoffs and such.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I got a PM back about Eli going to fix Acute focus of Arcanum (in May patch hopefully). So I am assuming they are keeping our ideas on the back burner until they get into full-on new expansion stuff.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

With the announcement of Fan Faire, the new expansion is probably around the corner. My guess is, any fix we see is likely to show up in the next expansion. On a positive note along with PJ's post, the new patch notes show that fizzles are being reduced and their cost too.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Voragath wrote:With the announcement of Fan Faire, the new expansion is probably around the corner.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that the next expansion will be October(ish). After all, the last...what?....four expansions have been released around that time of year.

I just hope there isn't another level cap increase.