Who is this troll on eqlive ?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sunlace

Who is this troll on eqlive ?

Post by Sunlace »

First thing I see this morning on eqlive is this pearl of wisdom :
My premise is simple. Mages need to lose solo ability (that is too powerful on its own) and in exchange should be given respectable burst capabilty as a recourse. No I don't mean a little pet power, I mean a lot of it. We are a dps class. We are a pet class. We are not (iirc) supposedly a 1 man group class that can kill anything a 6 man group can in the group game, though it has become that.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... 3&#2647790

I don't know who posted that drivel but seriously, why would a mage ask for a nerf to the most important aspect of our class in exchange for increased burst ? I was under the impression we agreed to ask devs for increases and let SOE do the nerfing ... I guess I misunderstood ...
Last edited by Sunlace on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Who is this troll on eqlive ?

Post by svenalo »

1. Not everyone over there is over here, 2. Not everyone that posts there and says they are a mage really are a mage (easy enough to manufacture an identity and find some magelo to use), and 3. No one here would post that (at least I hope not). It's out and out stupidity.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Take away my solo (or 2 box) ability (or even lessen it) and I quit EQ. It's that simple.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

He is a troll and needs to play EQ. Any1 who can DPs can kill named in SS/MC. Those zones are beyond gimp especially with the named.

And if he is on drinal (like the profile he linked) he probably sux and is mad because the top 3 guilds are all full on mages.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

That dude is just a troll, hate it when stupid people post what they think raid mages should and shouldn't be able to do.

Savil
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

He is a burnout.

Players forget that what is "easy" for them comes with intimate familiarity of class, and that what has become rote and routine for them really is not straightforward.

The idea of the Mage pet being some separate "entity" has existed from the start; Verant was letting the pet take XP for a long, long time. The separate avatar confuses people - even devs.

So add to familiarity and confusion some selfishness and a dash of bitter, and you get what is in that post.

The years-long Mage "character" of pretty good players with, as a rule, an affable and self-deprecating humor has been eroded by internet-tough-guy idiots, "you fail" retardation, posturing, ignorance, and stupidity.

Those guys used to just become Necros soon enough. Unfortunately we no longer have to look any farther than our own forum to see them.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

That person is such an idiot. Too bad it wasn't dated April first or I would have mentioned that we all got played, hard. They contradict themselves throughout the whole thing. It is obviously someone who sucks at their actual class and is quite jealous of those mages who can play. Notice he referenced what he "saw" a Triality mage do. He doesn't explain how to do it himself. I'm not saying Triality is hackers, not getting into that mess, but if you "see" someone do something, that does not translate into it can be legitly done.

Anyway, I called him out. He's a liar. His argument lacks merit. Everyone else has already pointed him out as a fraud. His calling for a nerf should have seen that post deleted.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Yeah there is the possibility that he's not "real". The character he points out in the post is in a bona fide guild (Resolution) on my server. Apparently, anyway. If this is his "brother" posting he's not going to be happy.

On a completely different subject, since I'm typing, RS getting chewed in milliseconds is getting old. Has been old. AC and the low summon HP are both issues. Grumble.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Baramos wrote:Yeah there is the possibility that he's not "real". The character he points out in the post is in a bona fide guild (Resolution) on my server. Apparently, anyway. If this is his "brother" posting he's not going to be happy.

On a completely different subject, since I'm typing, RS getting chewed in milliseconds is getting old. Has been old. AC and the low summon HP are both issues. Grumble.
I typically don't have issues with RS pet being insta killed, but the summoning in low hps deal sucks. From what I've been told by "devs" its not something they can fix given how the AA's interact with the code. Its just becoming far more noticeable now with the new hps they have (to max aa mages).

I don't know about you guys but the "its the code" excuse is starting to really piss me off.

Savil
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

One way to solve it, is you cast RS pet or any pet, it does a 2nd effect of a 20,000 point heal for the pet. Problem solved. We know they can make spells do 2 things at once. Anti summoned will do a debuff as well as direct damage. Thus they add a heal component to any spell that casts a pet.

Calebe