Chain Pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
TenthGate

Chain Pets

Post by TenthGate »

Hey all,

Ex-mage here, coming back for another round as i'm sure is the usual with eq...

Anyhoo, I had fond memories of chain summoning earth elementals in that piraty cove on ships (~ level 51, click the item that unsummons pet and refunds mana just before cast is finished). I hope this isn't too vague, i couldn't find any word on this in searches and I know from back then that it wasn't worthwhile in the 60s at least. Does this still have any relevance at all if only in the 50s? I lost my old account and will be passing through those levels again...

I thought it was the coolest little loophole at the time. I'm a mage man to the core and I'm trusting that the mage game is still that radical. Looking forward to hearing about other little fun strategies you guys have figured out.

Let me know what's happening,

tenth
Danille

Re: Chain Pets

Post by Danille »

I never had any fond memories of chain summoning in the days of old, but we do chain summon our RS pets all the time now for a different reason = more DPS so you will be right at home. :mrgreen:
TenthGate

Post by TenthGate »

Which pet does RS stand for?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Rampaging/Rumbling Servant. Gargoyle of DOOM!
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Chaining pets as you are referring to is a thing of the past. The higher lvl mages do still chain, but we chain with the temporary RS pets as Danille said. Leveling isn't much of a struggle these days, so there probably wont be any need to chain pets in your 50's. This is especially true if you plan on doing your epic 1.0. That pet will rip through just about anything you are fighting in those levels.
TenthGate

Post by TenthGate »

Ok, another point i'd like to ask about is with the advent of instanced things like ldon, are there still communal zones where people can group for "camp spots" and chain pull, or camp a spawn.

I hope this is so because one of the biggest turn offs of WoW has been these private 5 man dungeons. As crazy as it sounds i used to love the fight for camps and even the trains because the dungeon became a cmmunal thing and you could sometimes get a rez around, or i'd summon people deeper...
Danille

Post by Danille »

There are actually both situations available and a good quanity of them. So if you are the type of player who likes to 1) "fight" for what you are looking for against competing guilds or players there is plenty of that and if you 2) absolutely hate corkblocks, and asses in the game and just want to play against the EQ's AI there is plenty of that as well.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Most every zone now days has a "normal" zone and then a bunch of instanced mission versions of that zone.