AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote: *Air = rk4-6 adds 100/150/200 resists and increases movement by 5/10/15%
Think this needs to be run 6 / 7 /8 and not percentages. It seems all the runspeed ranks for the classes are the same.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Voragath wrote:
deadman1204 wrote: *Air = rk4-6 adds 100/150/200 resists and increases movement by 5/10/15%
Think this needs to be run 6 / 7 /8 and not percentages. It seems all the runspeed ranks for the classes are the same.
I was going to say the same, and i'd like to see raised caps instead of just resists (since i'm maxed already) other than that i love the elemental forms idea.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I like the ideas listed above about useful elemental forms. A clicky bandolier that could be used without having the items in a top inventory slot would be fan-freakin-tastic.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

We should probly stick to AA ideas.

AA's, Spells and items are all handled by seperate devs.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Danille wrote:We could use additional ranks in Sturdy Companion, Fortify Campanion, Elemental Durability, Elemental Agility, Companion's Agility, and Companion's Durability.
Those Danille suggested, and one new one to add to it. I would really like to see a pet crit damage increase so we can have pets doing actual double dmg instead of the 1.5x dmg or whatever it is.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

Just a hint dont give us any aas related to dses unless its more buff extension !

Instant cast for all our aas wether in one aa or in many, (especially host and foe)
an aa to turn thaumatize instant rbs to,

anti stun aas like melee get
Innate ae pet haste aura make it a secondary aura or whatever and not count towards the cap on auras

suped up eleforms well not illusions more like really cool looking marketplace like auras theyve been mentioned but i prefer the aura thing more if theyd do it right it wouldnt just be u looklike ur dripping flame either say for eath yould be sort of armored with the dirt if they cant do something like that fine old illusions work to

A frenzied super rumbling servent aa oh yes please

couldnt they jerry rig twincast to cast forced rejuv for rbs only ?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Can we get an aa that summons shrunken swarm pets like Servant of Ro andRS? 6 gargoyles at a raid or two in a group zone and you are shrunken can block the view on everything. Even worse, when someone is pointing and clicking to target mobs. Host comes with shrunken pets, so I'm not sure why RS and SoR are so huge. It IS cool for a large RS pet so this aa should be some activated aa that buffs your for an hour or something that way it can be toggled for those who don't want it all the time or just love to occasionally have a beast of a pet out there pwning mobs. Make it go to the song window like the bard's Sionachie Crescendo does.
Maneki Neko

Post by Maneki Neko »

Pretty much everything I would like has been mentioned by others, but I will mention them again to "cast my vote", as it were:

1.) reverse CoH: sends the mage to the target in their group. I want this one more than anything else.
2.) pet swap: so I can switch between air pet and water pet without having to make, equip and rebuff a whole new pet if I switch between soloing and grouping.
3.) monster summoning type pet illusion: for fun :)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

This is a repost of a PM I sent out to the dev's for UF's aa's, but I thought I'd repost it here since it ties in nicely with what alot of you are saying about the elemental forms (I really want them upgraded and useful too).

1. I'd love to see the mage elemental forms be useful again. Lets face it; water form maxxed out gives an additional 4 points of mana regen. Hardly groundbreaking in the day and age of 40k+ mana pools. Likewise, the other forms are underpowered for current content. Now, as far as fixing these outdated (and in my opinion class defining) forms, I have a few ideas. Firstly, by updating water form, you can address one of the longest standing complaints/needs of the mage class; i.e. mana regen. Unlike the other caster classes, mages have few options to get mana back quickly. Don't get me wrong, mod rods, symbiosis, and the new thaumatize pet are all somewhat helpful, but simply don't return mana in the same way that harvest or deathbloom do. Matter of fact, they don't even come close. Now, i'm not arguing for mages to be made the pre-imminent masters of mana regen, but i'd like them to be more in line with the other casting classes.

Air form could be made useful by adding %'s to stun resistance over the cap along with lev and resist bonuses.

Earth forms can give massive AC and/or HP boosts (which for a silk class would have to be pretty significant....or could switch our combat tables to say Rangers for a short time. Assuming code allows something like that).

Fire, instead of a DS, could serve to bump up the damage from our fire spells (not massive amounts, but enough to make it noticable).

I have thought hard about the 4 forms and why I chose these as possiblilities; they'd ALL be of value, and you'd have to make a decision as to which is the most intellegent form to use for specific grouping and raiding situations. Sometimes the extra spell damage from Fire form would be best; or a long fight awaits? Use water! Mob has a massive AE spin stun? Air! Lots of adds spawning to deal with? Earth! Have these 4 forms available, BUT which a shared timer that doesn't allow fast switching between them....say 3-5 minutes between form changes to prevent abuse. And go ahead and link all the forms together as opposed to having the 2 separate branches for them.

I personally believe this would be incredibly well accepted in the mage community; we'd have some individuality again, more personalization/strategy would go into picking forms for your fights.

I'd also like to see the permanent illusion aa tied to these elemental forms (and strictly these elemental forms, not all mage possible illusions), but if that treads too close to the bards and chanters, i'd be willing to leave it out to appease them.

Another concept that ties into this is (and i'm not sure how and if the code supports this) but if the mage and mage pet share the same form, then the bonus attached to that form is greatly/somewhat/minorly increased. Both pet and mage are water? No longer 4 mana regen, but 40....or 80, or whatever number you think is balanced. Etc and apply to the other forms as well. Personally, I like my revamp of the elemental forms better, but if this is an easier solution to implement/code/balance, i'd be at least a decent compromise, and would achieve the goal of making the forms useful again.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

ae frenzied burnout and/or give frenzied an aura effect to hit other pets (naturally pet centered...)