xanakx

Quillmane

Post by xanakx »

epic 1.0 STUPID QUILLMANE!!!!
Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: Quillmane

Post by Elentarri »

sorry hun i got lucky on mine a friend gave it to me when i did my epic 3 years ago
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Traditionally the cloak is dropped off a friendly guild ranger or druid who stumbled over QM and killed him just to check for drops..... :roll:
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

HAHA :D
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

AHHHH, the PAIN!!!! It's worse than the knights who say "Ni"
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Bastler wrote:Traditionally the cloak is dropped off a friendly guild ranger or druid who stumbled over QM and killed him just to check for drops..... :roll:
This is true. I got mine off my druid who stumbled upon Quill and killed him to check for drops. :)
Rhodam_Taerrol

Post by Rhodam_Taerrol »

If you don't have a Ranger (or Drood) alt - or a Ranger friend - finding Quillmane will likely drive you to madness. That said, if you do have access to a character with tracking, spawning Quillmane is relatively easy. It took me awhile to get the hang of 'finding the right spawn cycle' but once you've gotten it down .. look for multiple spawns over the hour (sometimes back to back).

Echelon's Quillmane Spoiler

I just camped my Mage out at the entrance to Splitpaw and wrote down the /loc once I killed Quillmane with my Ranger. I then logged my Ranger out (and Mage in) and ran over to loot my cloak. It was a great accomplishment. Even though I've played Everquest off and on for the last 10 years, I'm a very casual player. Completing my Epic(s) has been a source of great pride.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

When I finally got mine it was back to back spawns. Killed him, got legs, cursed, and then a few minutes later he was up again. Killed, got cloak, did happy dance. Maybe cried. Maybe.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Months... alot of them.

Every morning before work i'd log in and run around to see if he was up. When i got back home, first thing a did was run my circle. Every down time i had was spent there, few hours during the weekends.

I got so tired that i made a ranger just for tracking him. Leveled him to 40 just so he'd survive aggro. Read all the "theories" tried all of them. Got him to pop twice and both times he droped pants.

Then one morning, i pop in on my mag and low and behold.. i see the F***er flying by. Killed him and voila, got my cloak.

I truely hate him .. with a passion!

*i should mention, i refused help. I didn't want to bother anyone with camping him. Hence the really long time :oops:
Mantria

Post by Mantria »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when they first put the 1.0 quest in I got with 14 other mages and we spent 15hours straight in the zone kill anything and EVERYTHING. At the end of 15 hours tehre was only 1 mage who didn't have the cloak. The next day we all logged in and within 5mins the last mage got his.