Anguish Orb

Magician related/specific quests.
Dadani
Conjurer

Re: Anguish Orb

Post by Dadani »

It is not the healing ability of the paladin, it is the dps of the paladin that limits what they can do.

Paladins gets a lot of tools for group/self healing. They get squat for dps unless it is undead mobs, and even then it is very limited.

AA's boost healing above baseline by 28% and chance to crit is close to 40%. Doesnt sound like much but my paladin crits routinely in the 12-15k range. 14k crit heals with a 0.3 second spell.
It is pretty mana intensive to use the burst line of heals, but for one mob at a time it works and quick life savings for group member cuz of the really fast cast time.

Paladin heal over time that gets me 1-3 extra ticks of healing and crits quite often.

Most paladins, if they endured the pain, got their weapon drop off Ture in Anguish, BoFF - Blade of Forgotten Faith - is a great group heal weapon. Using the AA Weapon Affinity, the BoFF goes off constantly. With all the healing AA's done, spam the group with constant heals.

AA Blessing of Life is a chance to heal each swing. Lay of Hands. Group heal AA that hits for upto 8k+ can be used in emergency for self heal as well. Stun AA's that heal.

No, the issue with paladins is smurf dps unless you are taking on undead.

When SoF first came out my wife (plays a bard) and I went to Loping Planes near the HoS zone line and camped the crypt. We pulled one to see how hard it was, could always zone to HoS if it was too hard. It took all of 4-5 seconds and the mob was dead. We thought we struck exp paydirt. We popped lessons and cleaned house for 30 minutes, almost 20 aa's each. Logged out right there, we were coming back tomorrow. Next day, pulled 3 mobs and got creamed. A friend who is a GM explained to me that the mobs gave the right exp, just their hps were set to 32k. Next day it was fixed.....boooooo.....
Image Image
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

You're using a BFF? No wonder why your DPS sucks :p

Over a 15 minute period w/o resting, a paladin should be able to self heal about 2X what a SK does.

With a new targetting system, this will make it so well geared paladins can get by without a healer/merc should they be fighting in non-end game content.

IMO this would be entirely fair.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

Yeah I know, pretty sad. Even the shield is pet fodder now but it still beats my 2hp weapon AC.
Bag one of my inventory is my 2hp. Good fpr dps but crappy for tanking.
Image Image