Anguish Orb

Magician related/specific quests.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Anguish Orb

Post by Jaytee »

I've been gone since Anguish was end game content mostly and was wondering how easy is it to get an orb these days and how much is it even worth it. I have 1.5 and since the stun does not land on 75+ level MOBs is seems to be less of a priority but I still want to finish the thing. I'd even consider paying plat to loot one but does anyone even farm it these days?
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: Anguish Orb

Post by Savil »

CoA Orbs are very easy anymore. We did one with a raid bst / mag and a group druid. You can do almost entire zone with 1 group. Get yourself a group cleric and a few dps and you should be able to get your orb pretty easy.

Savil
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

I could be wrong on this, but all you have to kill is Hanvar and Ture to get your epic orb. There are probably clerics and SKs that can solo both nowadays.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I know Jelvan has been solo'd, not sure about Ture or Hanvar.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I know for sure Ture was SK soloed and this was a while back.

I think you may have to do the sets.
To get an orb from Hanvar, you have to kill Ture first.
To get an orb from Jelvan, you have to kill Keldovan first.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it goes.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Ture is mage soloable with enough mana, I'd say around 40k'ish would do it...

Hanvar isn't mage soloable, unless you were willing to burn a LOT of hp / mana pots or something crazy.

Savil
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Sillaen wrote:I know for sure Ture was SK soloed and this was a while back.

I think you may have to do the sets.
To get an orb from Hanvar, you have to kill Ture first.
To get an orb from Jelvan, you have to kill Keldovan first.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it goes.
Pretty sure you're right. And AMV gives an orb along with OMM.... But then you'd already have 2 orbs by then before you could kill AMV ;)

Someone solo'ed Jelvan? Who? That's impressive. Can you take them on one at a time if you are careful not to agro the other two or do they automatically agro?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

pandax wrote:Someone solo'ed Jelvan? Who? That's impressive. Can you take them on one at a time if you are careful not to agro the other two or do they automatically agro?
http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showpos ... count=1132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ronak from Xegony
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Yeah very well geared/AA'd SKs can pull off some amazing feats solo. Their personal heals (meaning taps+procs+disc) are second to none and they dish out very decent dps. Heck, my lower lvl SK alt has a hard time getting himself killed against appropriate lvl mobs by just turning on attack. SK's are one of those classes is a very good state right now.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Sillaen wrote:Yeah very well geared/AA'd SKs can pull off some amazing feats solo. Their personal heals (meaning taps+procs+disc) are second to none and they dish out very decent dps. Heck, my lower lvl SK alt has a hard time getting himself killed against appropriate lvl mobs by just turning on attack. SK's are one of those classes is a very good state right now.
No kidding, seams to me that their self heals are much much stronger than a paladins.

Sounds like palies could use a significant upgrade to their heal proc although I'm sure the new targetting system will help them quite a bit.