1.5 Ice Burrower meat

Magician related/specific quests.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

1.5 Ice Burrower meat

Post by Merlaina »

Any suggestions on getting this stuff? I killed for about 2 hours last night and got 1, and another 45 minutes or so during lunch today and got 1 more. Only found maybe 6 or 7 ice burrowers total. I've been running up and down the east side of the zone killing any non-claws faction mobs I found (wolves, rhinos, mammoths). If anyone knows a better way please let me know. Thanks!
Aither
Elementalist

Re: 1.5 Ice Burrower meat

Post by Aither »

just keep killing the mammoths rhinos and youll eventually get all that you need. The Ice Burrowers themselves tend to warp around for some reason in my experience, you can see one in the distance run for it and itll just disappear, probally best to talk a tracker into going with you.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

A bard can help a lot to cover ground and track for the ice burrowers.
Image Image
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I've had some tracker friends claim they were standing on top of a mob in that zone when in fact there were no mobs around. That lead me to think that a lot of the mobs fall under the world. If this is in fact true I'd recommend waiting for a patch then go hunt in there asap. Mobs falling "under" the world plagues some zones more than others.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Went back after the last patch and there were many more NPCs and specifically Ice Burrowers up. Managed to get my last two meats in under an hour, and then went and kicked that poor water elementals butt. Only two more to go. :)

And for the record, that Air one is a sonofasmurf.