Solo crown?

Magician related/specific quests.
Khale
Trial Member

Solo crown?

Post by Khale »

Can I solo my way to a crown with a 76 mage? I created a mage alt and am doing the epic quest again but there is little chance of my level 50 mage getting the crown without buying it.
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Solo crown?

Post by Jedis »

Unless they've removed the death touch from the 7th island inhabitants, I'd say it would be pretty difficult.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

Cleric merc, eat death touch, get rezzed, take rez, click mod rod, hit any burn abilitiesyou happen to have at that level, nuke, use clicky nukes, then nuke a 2nd time

The mobs have very little hp and you should be able to kill it before DT refreshes. I was able to do this at level 80 years ago and died a lot to farm my plane of sky keys and get the crown but it was doable. I assume it's doable at 76 as well as the power difference between 76 and 80 is small.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

How do you ensure the cleric merc will get the deathtouch?
Nordac

Post by Nordac »

Jedis wrote:How do you ensure the cleric merc will get the deathtouch?

He was referring to having a cleric merc with you to rez you after you have been death touched. Not sure how this would work exactly because I would assume the mob you agroed would go after your cleric merc next
Khale wrote:Can I solo my way to a crown with a 76 mage? I created a mage alt and am doing the epic quest again but there is little chance of my level 50 mage getting the crown without buying it.

What sever are you on? I will be more then willing to help you out with this if your on Bert.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

If the deathtouch kills you in one hit (which it will at level 76) the merc won't be on agro because you'll be dead before the merc can cast anything to save you. So the merc just stands there looking pretty then will cast a rez as soon as you are dead.
Khale
Trial Member

Post by Khale »

Wow, that's interesting. I never thought of the cleric merc rezzing me.

Also, thanks for the offer of help but I am on the Prexus server (I think - I was on Terris Thule ages ago and think it's Prexus now).
Cimmaron

Post by Cimmaron »

Using the cleric rez after the DT was exactly how I did it. The mob was easy cause I had Virulent Talon, but you should still be able to put out enough damage to kill it before it gets off another DT (I got myself keyed to the 7th island just for the fun of it, I had never did it before). On the 7th island I've been able to farm a crown every time I needed to with just the roamers - had no concerns about DT on that island.
Image/a>
Jackofall
Trial Member

Post by Jackofall »

My mage is 63 and is boxing with a 62 Shadowknight and 62 Ranger. I got a Journeman merc on my Mage and melee DPS on my hybrids.

Would it be viable to open up with the ranger, assist with the SK and then the mage? The SK could use Harms touch and a Harms Touch (light) AA while I burn all AA clickies on the mage.

What about aggro after the cleric resses?