Shawl?

Magician related/specific quests.
Tlobad

Shawl?

Post by Tlobad »

I just came back to EQ 1 week before the servers went down. I quit in Nov of 2010. But I quit my mage back in TBS. I was a hardcore raider but got burnt out on mage.

At any rate started playing the Mage again. I been using my bot team Sk,Shm,Nec with Mage (or Mnk) when I need a puller. Note Mnk and Mage on same account.

My Mage already has 90% of the TS maxed from back in the day. I also already did the Shawl quest back in Luclin era when bored. But with T4 group gear is it worth getting the Shawl? On my Necro it seems not worth it since I am never oom. But on mage debating if the regen>a higher HP/mana T4 item.

No magelo right now but halfway done with T4 group set. Plan on farming the pet focus sometime this up coming week.
grieg
Trial Member

Re: Shawl?

Post by grieg »

I have the shawl 2.0 #7 and I feel that it is nice to have. The mana recourse is nice to have. Just watch out for the Convorteum crawl part. It can be buggy.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I would do the shawl, I think it has the best mana-return proc in the game.

The walk can be difficult without help, but not for your team. I recently finished it up for my mage using just the mage and my beast plus a couple merc healers. Beast is played as my main so is raid geared sort-of up to T7 in Underfoot. There are a few spots were you just have to know which way that damned robot is going to walk to know what to pull. Do not try to pull anything across a lava crack directly to your group, train them away and CoH, then pick a few to tag once they have a clear path. There is a spot just before the first waypoint that can be a pain because the bot will aggro mobs across the lava crack but if you wait to clear them until you are near it, then pulling them can be a real problem. Clear it out right after you clear the mobs from that broken wall before the bot takes a right turn toward waypoint 1. The same spot can be trouble on the way back after you do waypoint 3. At the broken wall, watch out for the patrol of three roaming mobs, they walk closely together but are not aggro-linked. Their patrol has a very long cycle so it might look like you are clear but then they show up when you aren't looking. Between the two pets and beast, I didn't have too much trouble taking three mobs at once so long as I was able to off tank at least one of them on a pet. Mercs will heal the bot, but remember....mercs are idiots.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Tlobad

Post by Tlobad »

Thanks for the feedback. Now to see if I still have my 1.0 shawl in bank somewhere when home.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

I finished the Shawl and love it, havent been able to give it up for a new raid belt because of its utility. It's not too terrible to work thru the group versions solo, just be patient and know that you will most likely fail some combines. Best of luck to you.
-Aither