Soloing (Molo) Gyrospire Relocation Research?

Magician related/specific quests.
Wati
Magician

Soloing (Molo) Gyrospire Relocation Research?

Post by Wati »

Hi,

To my belief this gives you an instant clickie port to Beza/Zeka. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4906

I’m level 81 with close to 1800 AAs. (20khp 22kmana)

I have not yet hunted much in Beza/Zeka so I don’t know those zones well. I have been fighting the first few mobs in both zones to check the xp. I have never yet killed a mob in steam factory.

It took me close to two hours of running and killing brownies to get the first 9 Gyrosphires.

Now I’m up to the part where I need to kill in steam factory.

(1) This should be doable, but I don’t know where to fight. A steamsuit in conveyor room is said to have greater chance to drop next Gyrospire. I don’t know where this spot is? Edited: p522 n442

(2) Any idea if it is possible to get to the calibration locations solo? I’m not sure I can fight there. Shrouds with FD, sneak or DA might be options?

Any input is very welcome.

- Edited when finalized ----------------

I got it molo without to much effort. (4ish hours)

8 gyrospires you only have to loot, and It wasn’t to much trouble, just a lot of running.

1 from the brownies, they were lightblue at 81, and I got one after about 10 kills.

1 from a steamsuit. They were yellow to me at 81, and for me this was the hardest part. Got one after 4 kills. (I don’t used root or snare and they are runners, that was probably my biggest issue. Also I couldn’t handle two mobs.)

Callibrating the device in Beza/Zeka. I used a level 70 human rogue shroud here. Worked quite well. Biggest problems was that my maps weren’t complete. Some doors/ledges weren’t on the map so It wasn’t obviously how to continue. Beta took about 1.5h and Zeka took 35 minutes. (Zeka is harder, but I had to experiment with the shroud in Beza to learn how to use the shroud…)

The rogue shroud (Kobold): You got FD (Play Dead), invis (hide) and sneak. I always had hide/sneak active, and just repressed them while FD since the FD broke it. Lots of mobs don’t se invis, if you encounter se invis try to stay behind them (sneaking). If you encounter se invis roamers, FD in a good spot and let them pass. You will sometimes get agro and die in a second, but merc will not get agro and will res you in a few seconds. Then you can continue (immediately hitting hide/sneak and hope for the best). (This shroud is not unlocked by default, grab a level 5 shroud and kill with clarity/DS pots and you will unlock a shroud in 20-30 minutes in a newbie area)

Also, don’t forget your device when you head out as a shroud to Beza/Zeka, and bring money for your merc.
Last edited by Wati on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Soloing (Molo) Gyrospire Relocation Research?

Post by Merlaina »

I think at 81 you should be able to molo this part, yes. You just have to be careful about accidentally pulling too many mobs at once. If you want to be safe about it, bring a chanter or bard along. Also I wouldn't try to be too picky about getting the steamsuits solo. If you have to clear some around a steamsuit before pulling it, just bite the bullet and clear the mobs nearby first. Also watch out for the named in this room (there's one that can spawn on the conveyor belt in the center). He has a nasty aggro range, sees invis, and spawns adds. He's not TOO bad solo, but when he comes with a pack of friends things get ugly fast.

Also note that there are some little doors at the end of the room in the lower area that have a steamsuit each in them. It's not terribly obvious that they even open at first, let alone have a mob in there, so be careful fighting around them but enjoy the extra solo spawns.

Just be warned: collecting the 10 gyroscopes is the easy part of the quest (though this is the hardest part of the 10). The really hard part comes when you have to calibrate the smurf thing. My suggestion for that: bring a friend (I brought a Pally along), make sure they have their own cleric merc, and then try to run in, die at a safe spot, get a rez (either from your own merc or the friend's), then CoH the firend to the safe spot and repeat all the way up to the various click points in the towers. It takes patience, luck, a lot of deaths, and learning where the relatively safe spots are (usually on the spiral ramps), but eventually you can get it done without having to drag a group crawling through the whole zone (this is not something easily moloed... at all). Also, I don't think it works in Zeka, but in Beza you can use the SoS click from a cauldron windcloak to get pretty far in.

Good luck! If I had known what an incredible pain this quest was going to be I may never have started it, but the clicky port is excellent and I'm very glad I got it.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

You can molo it...just getting the waypoints in the gyros themselves is a pita. Better if you go with someone who can train the rooms out cause a couple of them have a LOT of mobs in them. I did it using my cleric bot to DA clear out a couple of the congested rooms...
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

I go the last Gyrospire, killed 4 steamsuits and died 4 times as well... (About 1 hour)

Then I decided to go to Beza as a level 70 humanoid rogue shroud. They got FD (Play Dead) and sneak/hide.

On my way to first location I figured that I forgot the Gyrospire Device. However I managed to sneak/hide/FD flop all the way to the first and second location without getting aggro. I gated back to pok (all shrouds can gate) and unshrouded/shrouded to get my Gyrospire Device. (Wasted about 1 hour)

Second attempt in Beza got a little bit different. I got aggro from a see invis mobs and in less than a second I was dead (level 70 with 5khp). Merc was active, but didn’t had a chance to heal me, and didn’t got aggro. a few seconds later I got the rez button and managed to get away from that see invis mob. I got first location with a couple of rezzes involved. Had to break invis when calibrating device, and did not got more than a feet or two in between rezzes. Finally I got out of the room and managed to get the second location without getting aggro at all. (Spent just over an hour on those two locations.) But I have no idea how to find the 3rd location? According to the loc is above me, but I can not climb any further from the second location? (First location training mat, second location Valve, third location ramp/control room)

So how do I proceed to find the last location in Beza?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Last location is on the roof. The easy way is find a mage who already has their relocation device and ask them to CoH you up there, since when you use it to port to beza/zeka that's where it takes you. If you can't find one, you'll have to hoof it to the roof the old fashioned way. When you're going up the final ramp and can see sky you'll want to jump from the ramp to the roof, since if you actually take the ramp all the way up you'll encounter 3-4 mobs right there, and odds are good at least 1 will see invis. Then just follow the edge of the ramp until you're right next to the little control room, and that's your click spot.

Be warned that while not up often, there is a Commander Gearmost or Captain Gearmost (can't remember which) who can be up that roams the roof and the ramp, has a very large aggro range, and sees invis. While that spot by the control room is normally safe, if he is up it's not. He's not too bad by himself, but if he brings friends it can get a little ugly. That's why I always have my cleric merc up when I port in just to be safe, and then suspend him once I see it's clear.

on the other hand the tiny ledge outside of the control room is always safe, even though you can look in through the window and see the two mobs inside. Just watch your step, it's a bit of a drop.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

Finalized. First post updated.

Biggest issues was killing steamsuits and not having correct maps of Beza/Zeka.

Ty all for the help.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I wish I had thought of shrouding when trying this. Would have made my life much easier. Thanks for the tip!