Required Force for 2.0?

Magician related/specific quests.
Fazzadien
Magician

Required Force for 2.0?

Post by Fazzadien »

So I've completed my 1.5 a little while ago, and have taken part in a pick-up Anguish raid (didn't get an orb, I was just there for the fun of it) so I can see that getting a 2.0 is attainable even as a non-raiding mage. What I need to know is what would be the minimum force required to defeat the 4 elementals now? Anyone have recent experience they would share?
happosaai

Re: Required Force for 2.0?

Post by happosaai »

When I did mine about a year ago, we took 2 groups in to make it faster, and did Jelvan. All-in-all it took maybe 45 minutes total to get in and get the orb.
Fazzadien
Magician

Post by Fazzadien »

Thanks for the info, but what I'm looking for is what is needed for the elementals, not CoA. I see on alla that they are pretty heavy hitting and seem to have some abilities that seem to me pretty nasty (although I'm looking at it through my experience as a PoP and earlier raider - I still haven't gotten my head around the new scale of difficulties).

Once I'm ready to go fight these things, should I be looking for a group of 80+ people, a group of 75ish people, or maybe even a single raid geared 85 person? I have no first-hand experience in what these mobs are like and would rather not waste people's time if I get less of a force than necessary.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

When I did mine it was myself and another 85 mage. He was much better geared and aa'd than I am but even the dreadlands fight was over before we blinked.

I'd guess a single group of 85/1000 people should be able to do the entire thing without much of a problem. Even three mages with mercs shouldn't have a problem if they've spent their aa's decently.
Fazzadien
Magician

Post by Fazzadien »

Perfect, thanks! Now I can hopefully spend my Saturday begging for assistance and if all goes well, maybe have a nice new shine on my epic stick. Wish me luck!
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I did mine not terribly long ago (3-4 months or so) and as an 85 mage I was able to molo all 4 elementals. I think I had EM 2 or 4 at the time, and just used air pet to tank everything with merc set to efficient on heals. Ballpark guess would be I had around 800 AA at the time, mostly focused on pet offense/defense and spell crits. Had around a 25K-28K mana pool. I think the only one that was even remotely rough was the HoH one, just because it had so many HP it was rough on my mana.
Fazzadien
Magician

Post by Fazzadien »

Cool, thanks Merlaina! That sets a great benchmark for me to use when looking for help.

I didn't manage to get much done for the 2.0 yet, other than one of the essences from RSS. All good, though, I'll keep plugging away, and get around to it eventually. 74 now, 75 this evening and hopefully 76 and the new tier of air pet very soon!
Waylor

Post by Waylor »

Chaos and Spirit were done with 82 Mage, 85 Druid and boxed 85 Nec without concern. I am not sure a non-high-end Mage 85 could handle them molo.
zorrlin

Post by zorrlin »

just finished mine 2 weeks ago. the 4 elements were pretty easy for a 84 mage (me) and 85 necro, both normal group geared stuff (we're not super geared by any stretch of the imagination - in fact i just swapped out a wanderlust charm and DSH cloak... :oops: ). my EM4 air pet tanked all 4 of the elementals without any trouble; though only thing to note was that the HoH elemental, was able to suddenly drop my pet's hp by half a bar for a sec (lucky the mercs weren't asleep). but other than that, each went down without much trouble. hope that helps.